Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab go find 66???

Rocknut88

Considering getting one of these for my fiance to hunt dru and wet sand with, shes very small and doesn't have alot of upper body strength to lug a heavy detector around, I was curious on yalls thoughts about it and any possible secondary choices I could look at for her to use that wont break the bank account as I expect she wont become and avid addict like the rest of us but I'd like to at least try.

It should work pretty good on the dry sand but not what one would call good on the wet salt water beach sand. Too many minerals in the salt water.

Might I suggest a Equinox 600. Its a much better detector and will hold more of its value if she totally quits detecting and you want to sell it.
+, I mean, she's The One so she deserves a better machine.....

Rocknut88 said:
Considering getting one of these for my fiance to hunt dru and wet sand with, shes very small and doesn't have alot of upper body strength to lug a heavy detector around, I was curious on yalls thoughts about it and any possible secondary choices I could look at for her to use that wont break the bank account as I expect she wont become and avid addict like the rest of us but I'd like to at least try.

I have the go find 60. It’s a great entry level detector and amazingly it does work pretty well in the wet sand. I got it for my kids to use and in the wet sand at Myrtle beach I found a dime signal showing 7 inches. The go find also heard the signal well and it was indeed a dime at 7”. It is basically V flex technology which works on wet sand pretty well. I have and love the equinox 800 but if she’s only going to be using it casually I’d say the Go find would be a great choice for her. Light, super simple and will work great in the dry sand and better in the wet than most cold machines. Also with the Bluetooth she could have wireless headphones. Good luck. Let us know what you decide and how it works out.

Bootyhunter

Thanks for the information, I've looked in to the noxs as well but I think it would be to complicated for her shes not overly tech savvy. But I looked into for myself as well but seeing as I already have a Excal2 a older BHID, an old tesoro compadre and a tracker 4 I gave to my dad that he used to find water meter covers for his work. All of those are to heavy for her which keeps her from enjoying the hobby. But we shall dwell on the nox some more weigh the pros and cons.

Involve her as much as possible. This is somewhat similar to buying a pistol for a special someone- the more involved they are, the more they take to it. Get what she likes even if you know its not whats best for her. HH!