Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Go Find 66

mtdoramike

Anyone has or tried out a Go Find 66? I'm curious as to what users think about them. I recently had open heart surgery and need a lite detector to travel with and since this seems to be a lite unit at 2.2 pounds and collapses quite flat to fit in suitcase, I figure it maybe an option. I was looking at the Go Find, Racer 2 or T2.

I had a GoFind 60 which I believe is the original version of the 66. Hated it. Pretty much a toy. IF it had decent pinpointing, maybe it would be worth hauling it around in the trunk or under the seat, but, as is, it's not worth a fraction of the sales price. If you have to try one, advertize that you want to buy in the classified. Anybody that was suckered into buying one - like me - will be happy to sell it to you for a song.

I'd strongly recommend the Racer 2.

Hi,

I had the Go Find 40. I believe Minelab increased the overall speed of the newer 44 and 66 models. I gave mine to my nephew who hunts when he goes to the beach.

It works well for an occasional use detector. Like many have said, it seems very flimsy and more for the weekend/vacation crowd.

Personally, the detector did not weigh very much BUT it was not well balanced when completely extended for a 6' person, felt very nose heavy and the 40 had slow recovery speed in my opinion.
It reminded me of an X-Terra 305 in a new, lightweight package. It had tones a little bit like the X-Terra series too. My middle school aged nieces and nephews would use it for an hour and move on to something else.

An XP ORX or a Teknetics Minuteman/Eurotek Pro or the Fisher F11, F22, or F44 would be better choices for a lightweight detector using the 8" concentric or the 10X5" DD elliptical coil (harder to find but worth it).

Jeff