Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab GP Extreme use at So CA beaches?

bklein

I have a GP Extreme with a ton of coils I listed here for sale, but now I'm wondering if I should rethink it.
I have a CTX, EQ800, and Surfmaster Pi Pro etc. and wonder if I should keep it for black sanded beaches like Corona del Mar gets sometimes.
Air test on a gold ring is like 14" maximum at a local park with the 11" mono coil.
I see a particular youtuber using a TDI and is doing well at the beach with it. The CTX normally does fine but probably suffers in the black sand. The EQ just seems to find most things under 8" and is not as enjoyable for me to use. A PI of course doesn't discriminate like the CTX or 800 but right now not many targets at the beach anyway. Anyone here have some history with it? Worth keeping around for black sand, sanded in conditions?

Personally I think you should keep it. You know the machine well, have a good range of coils and know when it would be better to use it over your other detectors.

Thank, thats what I’ve decided. It is an amazing detector at the beach. I brought a 9 gram gold ring to test in wet sand: CTX and Surf pi pro about 5” depth - but the GP... 13-14 inches!

Works fine in wet sand and salt water. Now I have to think about making it more water/salt resistant. I used an 11” mono Commander coil.
I found a ton of tent stakes, bobbypins, some change, and a big earring. Just no targets. And hey, I didn’t spend the day digging foil bits with the EQ800!
Now that Whites has a waterproof TDI I wonder if its coil works on the GP...

bklein said:
Thank, thats what I’ve decided. It is an amazing detector at the beach. I brought a 9 gram gold ring to test in wet sand: CTX and Surf pi pro about 5” depth - but the GP... 13-14 inches!

Works fine in wet sand and salt water. Now I have to think about making it more water/salt resistant. I used an 11” mono Commander coil.
I found a ton of tent stakes, bobbypins, some change, and a big earring. Just no targets. And hey, I didn’t spend the day digging foil bits with the EQ800!
Now that Whites has a waterproof TDI I wonder if its coil works on the GP...
Did Whites come out with a new machine?

doc holiday232 said:
Yes they did,but they aren't tellin'.

That's an interesting way to make sales...….

I looked on the whites website. They made no mention of a waterproof TDI.

The info is still there and easy to find.

1. Do a search on "TDI BEACH HUNTER"
2. Scroll down to to the results and look for the "White's Electronics" link but click on the small downward triangle on the second line directly below the main top link.
3. Click on "CACHED"

Tony.

PS....Sorry this is off topic from the main thread.

Must correct what I wrote about depth. CTX was more like 10” on the ring.
Any update on the TDI? Was it a weird hack or real?