Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab GPX 5000 vs Tarsacci MDT 8000 vs Equinox 800 - Deep Relics!

ldhrelics

Once again, I did a little comparison with the Minelab GPX 5000, Tarsacci MDT 8000 and the Minelab Equinox 800. I was detecting once again on the Yankee Bullet Field as I've came to call it. It was another successful relic hunt.

I checked the first three targets with all three detectors and showed the VDI and let you listen to the sounds of each detector. Then I dug all three targets and left them in place while I showed the depth with a folding rule. It was very windy so in a few spots, the audio is a little sketchy but I tried to add captions to help you understand what I was saying. You'll have to form your own opinion of the results as I am still in the testing phase of these detectors.

Awesome video. I enjoyed the comparison. I'm still trying to learn the MDT 8000 as I use it mainly for gold nugget detecting. The MDT 8000 is slightly more sensitive than the original Duez... Gave me about 0.5" more depth in air tests on a 1 gram nugget.

The audio is very quiet. I wish we could adjust the tones.

Super light weight, even with the bigger coil.

I actually sold my GPX 5000 and use this one for gold as I was tired of digging all that iron. Is it as sensitive, no. Nor does it go as deep. But the weight and vdi was what I was looking for....

Rob

GPX doesn't play. I love that sound.

Last edited: