Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MINELAB Manticore Unmasking And Recovery Performance

At depth the strongest response takes over depending on target. Iron then strongest seems to prevail. There is not much separation when deep . If in a cleaner area you will find some deep finds depending on conditions. If ground minerals are and can be ignored your response will be the good target.

Realistically, real separation is only a few inches deep. The farther the targets are from each other the better. As you go deeper you start to get a blend, as the signal goes from two, merging eventually into possibly one. The VDI will be affected by the other target, the reading on the graph, if you have one, will start to go from two to a singularity, and eventually they will start to seem like one. You'll get your information from sweeping carefully, and then sweeping from a different angle, 90°. Coil control, pinpoint, another program, use every tool you have that the detector offers. The audio may give you the clue, or the graph. The only way to really know is if you get enough information that tells you to dig. That tells the story. Seen many times people digging up something gold, right next to a bent square nail, or something similar. That's where the concentric coils shined, they sort of have the ability to nail both objects a little better than a DD coil.

Seen many times people digging up something gold, right next to a bent square nail, or something similar. That's where the concentric coils shined, they sort of have the ability to nail both objects a little better than a DD coil
This is because at depth the concentric coil acts as a smaller footprint the deeper you go compared to a DD coil .
Everything else you have said I totally agree with also . sube

I love the manticores TID screen. It shows a variety of targets at the same time. I have picked alot of coins , with alot of trash in the same hole. And that's with the 11" coil. I hope I can find a 5 x 8 coil before spring arrives. Best Minelab machine I have ever owned!

Yeah, I have the M8 coil and didn't want to take it off to put the M15 Coil on, but getting ready to go to the beach to give it a good testing, but at the moment, I think that M8 coil is going to be my favorite, spectacular depth, separation, light weight, and I prefer smaller coils anyways. I was shocked to see the depth that the M8 coil has. Surprisingly it has the same response as my 9" on the Deus II. Definitely more than what I was expecting. I would recommend that anyone that has a Manticore get one. You won't be disappointed.
When I get home from the beach, the M8 coil is probably going back on.

I love the manticores TID screen. It shows a variety of targets at the same time. I have picked alot of coins , with alot of trash in the same hole. And that's with the 11" coil. I hope I can find a 5 x 8 coil before spring arrives. Best Minelab machine I have ever owned!
Curious if you have owned an etrac. If so what makes the manticore outshine it besides recovery speed? I have been thinking lately about adding a new detector. Looked into a DEUS II but with my job(farming) I need to have a detector at the ready immediately. Can’t concern myself with making sure everything is charged all the time. If I get in an hour before dark I have to be out the door at a moments notice.

Curious if you have owned an etrac. If so what makes the manticore outshine it besides recovery speed? I have been thinking lately about adding a new detector. Looked into a DEUS II but with my job(farming) I need to have a detector at the ready immediately. Can’t concern myself with making sure everything is charged all the time. If I get in an hour before dark I have to be out the door at a moments notice.
It's lighter,waterproof and will have great performance (I assume) like the etrac.Ive owned an etrac but not the manticore........if a lighter,waterproof detector floats your boat it may be worth it.Whether it will outshine the etrac performance wise could only really be determined in a proper test with both machines compared on real targets,personally I would say the etrac will get virtually all the targets the manticore would.Also,recovery speed isn't the only thing that determines how well a detector can pick up a good target that is mixed with trash.
Will it give you a dramatic finds rate increase,not very likely as the etrac is still up there in terms of great performance,but as mentioned it is lighter and fully waterproof which can be quite advantageous.

Maybe consider a used regular AA battery detector. Just flip in new batteries and get er done!

The manty handles EMI very well. Because of that, you can raise the sensitivity higher = more depth. Its very good at picking coins out of high trash areas, with the 11 coil.
Lighter weight, great balance. Menu is easy to scroll thru. Plenty of audio options. I just mesh real well with it. I never had a CTX or etrac, but did have sovereigns, and explorers.
I just picked up a D2. The comparisons should be fun, once winter passes.

Yeah the Vista X is an interesting analog detector that uses AA batteries. Of course I would run Lithium ion rechargeables.
My only turn off is I can't believe that they put two toggle switches on the bottom, instead of just one well placed one, in the perfect location, like they had on the White's models. From what I hear it's like a Tesoro on steroids. Where Tesoro would be had they stayed in business.

Vanquish 440 / 540, CZs, M6..
I agree with the M6 suggestion..........fabulous detector even on the wet sand at the beach,one of the only single frequency detectors that could cope with the wet sand back in its day.Also great inland,loved the sef 8x6 coil on mine.Great machine.

When you go to Virginia Beach might be a great hunt or nothing. Depends on the last time they replenished it . Timing is everything their