Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Meter Adjustment

pjroo3

I just received the Digisearch meter for my GT. Wanted to know how everyone here keeps the adjustment knob from being bumped out of it's settings? It seems to be very "touchy". Also wondering how you keep the meter attached to the mount. It doesn't seem to be an extremely tight fit.

some guys wrap a rubber band around the knob, I have heard tale of that working, The meter should slide all the way into the back of the V-clip until you hear it click into place, at that point it should be attached very well and should not seem loose, the meter I use is hard to get all the way settled into the V-clip but once it is seated properly you hear it click, once its clicked in its a tall order to remove it ............good luck

As Adam has said, the KEY is getting the meter to CLICK into the mount. When I first got mine, I thought the same as you...WTF, over? Why is it SO loose??? The key is to push it ALL THE WAY ON, until it clicks into place.

As for being "touchy", what you need to do is to find an O-ring that is the proper diameter to be a little BIGGER than the shaft of the adjustment knob and a little SMALLER than the inside diameter of the knob itself. Put that O-ring under the knob and then smush the knob knob down on top of the O-ring nice and snug. You will now see a significant difference in the amount of effort involved in turning the knob. It will stay in place much better. I also did that with ALL the knobs on my GT, particularly with the threshold knob, which tended to get "bumped" on me a lot out in the field. Now it takes a real premeditated desire to change the position of the knobs in order to actually change the position of the knobs.