Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Musketeer

Bought it back in 2005 or maybe 2006 time frame. Was my first detector - have used it but not for sometime. I bought a large coil for it as well - not exactly sure how big.

I'm toying with the idea of selling it. Can anyone give me an idea on home much I might get out of it? The original price was something like $360 and the larger coil was around $65.

Thanks for the help

kansas_jayhawks said:
Bought it back in 2005 or maybe 2006 time frame. Was my first detector - have used it but not for sometime. I bought a large coil for it as well - not exactly sure how big.

I'm toying with the idea of selling it. Can anyone give me an idea on home much I might get out of it? The original price was something like $360 and the larger coil was around $65.

Thanks for the help

This is actually a Minelab Musketeer Advantage - next generation of the first musky

-- moved topic --

A very good detector that never caught on like other Minelabs. I bought a used one a garage sale three years ago for 125.00, but it was beat up. A broken battery door and not good cosmetically. It did work well and I sold it dirt cheap to a well known metal detecting guru for his project. I would say 200 bucks is a fair price if not beat up. If pristine, maybe 250.

I have no idea what it might bring for you. I had one and loved it. I loaned it to a friend and he took it out in a Bronco in the desert in Arizona and let it flop and fly around in the back while he went through dry boulder washes and so forth. It was all busted up when I got it back. He gave it back and never made good for it. Good detectors though.

They have held their value $300-350, with two coils. Still in demand.
Minelab actually had them on clearance on a special of $299 for the Advantage and two coils.
That was a super bargoon if you got in on it.

I just don't understand people ... if you borrow something take care of it.

kansas_jayhawks said:
I just don't understand people ... if you borrow something take care of it.

Right on!

The question is did he remain your friend. I would have never spoken to him again.