Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab possibly returning to the Sovereign platform in a new package.

JASONSPAZ1

I have been hearing rumblings that Minelab is releasing a new detector called the Vanquish.
I read in a forum that a dealer is absolutely certain that it is going to be a new machine that will be considered the new Sovereign.
We can only hope. So pay attention to the grapevine.

HH
Jason

Jason, like those old Sovereign's, a great detector, hopefully if true the new model will be the old platform improved.

Interestingly enough, after all the talk of singlefreakers being obselete, there is a very good chance that the new ML machine “leaked” at the distributor meeting recently will be a selectable two freaquency singlefreaker. Here’s my guess. It is based on two posts on Steve H’s forum - one (from Finders Keepers) claiming that the mew machine would be “Multi IQ” (like the NOX. The other from MD-Hunter claiming 3 detectors which would be “VFLEX IQ” - VFLEX like the X-Terra.

OK, here’s my guess. (Posted originally at Steve’s place) I guess that MD-Hunter’s post is right and the Finders Keepers one is wrong. I guess that its “VFLEX IQ” and not “Multi IQ”.

Why, because this new machine (or series) is likely intended to fill the big hole left in the under $600 range by the near disappearance of the X-Terra line. The sales of these must be languishing and the GoFind isn’t an adequate substitute. The VFLEX Technology was highly touted but 3 frequencies and needing separate coils for each frequency confused the heck out of would be buyers and would put a real enthusiast in the poorhouse.

If I’m right, then I suspect this will be pitched as a breakthrough in single frequency detector design using the I/Q technology developed for the Multifreakers. Here’s a bit from Minelab about the IQ part of Multi IQ (just mentally delete the first three words of the below text).

Simultaneous Multi-Frequency In-phase and Quadrature Synchronous Demodulation.

We can go to a statement from Dr Philip Wahrlich, our principal technology physicist, about a key difference of Multi-IQ compared to the demodulation taking place in conventional single frequency VLF detectors:

“Within the Multi-IQ engine, the receiver is both phase-locked and amplitude-normalized to the transmitted magnetic field – rather than the electrical voltage driving the transmitted field. This field can be altered by the mineralization in the soil (in both phase and amplitude), so if the receiver was only phased-locked to the driving voltage, this would result in inaccurate target IDs and a higher audible noise level. Locking the receiver to the actual transmitted field, across all frequencies simultaneously (by measuring the current through the coil) solves these issues, creating a very sensitive AND stable detector”

On the other hand, they preached so hard about multi now “obseleting” singlefreakers that it might be hard to go back.

The CDX replacement will take a lot longer I suspect as they learn from the shortcomings of the Equinox what the “Supernox” has to be in order to justify a greater than $1k price.

We’ll see.

Sovereign BBS was one of the best Ideas Minelab made and felt it is what got them started here in the USA. I love those tones and how simple it is the use once you got used to it. Found that setting it up and changing the sweep speed you could detect anywhere . If and when they do make a detector like the Sovereign it will have a 180 meter plus a lighter weight detector and maybe similar to the Equinox.

Just have to wait and see what may come out.
I hate to say it, but haven't taken out my GT now for 2 years because of health reasons and got the lighter weight Equinox 800 that wear me out in no time at all and if Minelab comes out with a lighter weight Sovereign, or what ever they call it I will be on the list for one as it has been my best detector I have used in my 45 years of detecting, used many different one and they were good too, but the Sovereign was the best.

Rick

Rick you got me and a lot of the others started out with the Sovereign. A lot of things you said in the past with taking your time and having patience with the Sovereign has(paid off) produced very good finds for me over the years. I agree totally, this detector is one of the best. Even though my farm and family has priorities I hope to get more time metal detecting. Thanks Ron

There are quite a few salt hunters out there that have been using BBS for decades. Their detectors are loved like children. Seeing them replaced by something new will be difficult. But then there are some like me that need to swing something modern and lighter.

Was just doing a bit of research on this new Vanquish 340, 440, 540 and it's not even close to a new model of the Sovereign. There's also no mention anywhere of the frequencies used, but possibly like the Nox 600 Multi-IQ, three freq. of 5, 10, and 15 kHz. It also has a strong resemblance to an Ace, just a different colour. Just some of my observations and findings so far.

Ray