Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Pro-Sonic wireless headphones

cookie58

Anybody use them with the GPX? Looks like it would free you up a lot. If so, how do they work......Thanks, the GPX 4500 is a great machine.

I started using the pro-sonic last season and have to say I have loved it.. That along with the short power cord with battery mounted on the side and I am almost completely wireless, at least as much as I can be. I have had no lag issues at all, but only have about 30-40 hours on it and has held a charge for some 12 plus hour hunts. It is a little funky pairing it but once you get used to it it's pretty easy

Hello. I appreciate the answer. I haven't been detecting since it has been so hot and humid. However, I found a deteknix system on the internet with the over the ear headphones. It seems to be good with no lag time. I would have liked to have gotten the pro-sonic but was a little more than the budget would allow. You keep me posted about the pro-sonic and I will you about the deteknix. The over the ear headphones are extremely comfortable...…..Thanks...

cookie58 said:
Hello. I appreciate the answer. I haven't been detecting since it has been so hot and humid. However, I found a deteknix system on the internet with the over the ear headphones. It seems to be good with no lag time. I would have liked to have gotten the pro-sonic but was a little more than the budget would allow. You keep me posted about the pro-sonic and I will you about the deteknix. The over the ear headphones are extremely comfortable...…..Thanks...

I use a set of Deteknix headphones on almost all my detectors including my TDI Pro etc,and the audio signal is basically real time with no detectable lag what so ever,they do a couple of options so that you can either use your own headphones or the other option which i have is the headphones that are supplied by them,they are a semi full cup type of headphones which cutut alot of the external noise but dont for the most part make your ears horrible due too this heatwave that we are currently having at the moment.

Had mine for about 2.5 years and still working fine,so Deteknix wireless headphones would get my vote and without breaking the bank

Yeah Mega. The deteknix seems to be a well made product for the money. I also have the extra receiver that I can use other headphones with but the deteknix headphones are so comfortable, why should I. I may use it with a TV or something. What a wonderful, wireless WORLD.

I bought a pro-sonic for my GPX, and the transmitter stopped working 15 months after I bought it, wouldn't charge or work as the light wouldn't come on. Figures the warranty is only good for 12 months. The tones don't seem the same, as I've seen others say the same thing. I paid $259 for them, so, not a happy camper with that. The light on the receiver still comes on. Since it's out of warranty I'm not even sure it's worth the money to send it back to have it fixed. If I do, I'll probably sell it.

No wonder, it takes such a small battery. So, since it was out of warranty. I just replaced it myself, and now it works again.
20230929_150357.jpg

I found the same battery off Amazon. Just make sure you order the same battery number (602030), 1.11Wh, 3.7V, 300mAh. Cut and strip the red and black wires, discard old battery, using small shrink tubing, solder wires, heat shrink tubing. Place new battery in the same position as the old one. Place board and battery back in unit, aligned, add other side. Replace the two Phillip screws, done. It was very easy. These batteries are smaller than a sugar pack. The key is to keep them charged. Letting the battery stay dead for a while will kill it, and it will have to be replaced. Back in business. I guess I'll keep it since I figured out how to fix it.
20231007_064020.jpg

I use a set of Deteknix headphones ..... Had mine for about 2.5 years and still working fine,so Deteknix wireless headphones would get my vote and without breaking the bank
My buddy has used them for a few years and is still very happy. I use a small bt transmitter with BT earbuds because muffs are too hot for me except in the winter plus I want 1 ear uncovered to hear my surroundings and my pp. The ML setup is way too expensive imo.