Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Pro Swing 45 Harness

I wrote sometime ago that this wasn't for me..

I take that back and tell you I have been using this harness for a little while now and have to say it is pretty good.
Transfers the weight to the hips and all that is needed is a finger and thumb to guide the coil.
The secret to optimum performance is to ensure it fits properly. I think the most important adjustment is the length at the back, getting the back length correct makes such a big difference.
I also have incorporated a second J strut to balance the rig better. My adjustment screws at waist level are screwed right down and the adjustment screws at the shoulder are only screwed in about 3/4". I also use two bungies. My height is 5' 9" and weight 12st 4lb.
It is expensive to purchase new, best price I have seen in the UK is £99. However, now and again the do come up second hand in good condition.

I have no hesitation in recommending this harness. I am well into retirement and find this takes away the fatigue when using a coil like the 15" Detect Spiral.

I have the Pro Swing and bought it with a CTX. Now I'm going to sell CTX for a GPX 5000. I know that in the package will be a Pro Swing as well: I'll try with the second J-Strut like Filternozzle said.