Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab ProFind 15 and 35 pin pointers!

Beyonder

Minelab will be offering two new pin pointers. ProFind 15 and 35. The !5 is your basic model and the 35 is submersible AND has a ferrous tone!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wow! I don't know how many times I've chased iron instead of my desired target. That would be very helpful and speed you up.

Interesting!

If it can do that then... Yeah.

calabash digger said:
good bye garrett!

Yep. I'm in on a 35. Fair price too at 150.

Prices and such UNCONFIRMED!

15 - 109$
35 - 149$

With an Oct release date

In that case, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that 150 is right........

Dream come true having a pinpointer with an FE tone! That was the only reason I wanted an X-1. Just never could talk myself into spending 300.00 plus on a used set up. I will be getting the 35 model.

I wonder though if a high tone target was very near a large iron if the iron would mask the high tone. The Sunray X-1 uses they circuitry in you detector to process the tone you hear. I am not sure if the pinpointer could pick up high tone without the process capabilities that is in your detectors processor.

Iron tone ID would be nice but....

the primary reason I am keeping the garrett carrot is the retune feature. try sticking a typical pinpointer down a saltwater filled hole and it will false like crazy. With the carrot, retune the pointer away from the target and voila the falsing disappears and the target comes through. Water comes in just too fast to allow for a deep dig some times so a quick recovery is necessary.

I had the original profind and it was near useless in the wet sand. I don't see anything on the boxes about a retune feature. Sensitivity is nice but still doesn't help in wet sand and saltwater.

Bell-Two said:
I wonder though if a high tone target was very near a large iron if the iron would mask the high tone. The Sunray X-1 uses they circuitry in you detector to process the tone you hear. I am not sure if the pinpointer could pick up high tone without the process capabilities that is in your detectors processor.

I would think that the small detection area of the pinpointer tip would be able to separate and recognize the two targets in most cases.

cz70pro said:
Bell-Two said:

I would think that the small detection area of the pinpointer tip would be able to separate and recognize the two targets in most cases.

That depends on the size of the target. Large trash can be "pinpointed" a long way away from the tip.

I would be shocked if the new ML pinpointers didn't have re-tune ability. That's pretty standard for good PPs now days.