Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Repair of XS-2A Pro

TJPHILLY2

Hello all,

I read in another thread that Minelab is going to refuse the repair of any unit more than 10 years old.

I am not sure of its age but I recently bought a second hand XS-2A Pro - have not received it yet.

Can anyone tell me what years this unit was made from?

Guess the 10 year thing will apply....I think the one I purchased was new in 2000 or 2001.

Thanks,

Tim

I would say it is from the early 2000s so 2000-2001 is probably right. On the list I have that they say they wont have part for is the Original and the XS are the only 2 Sovereigns on it right now. There was a XS2 also before the XS2a so I feel you will be OK for a while. In fact chance are yours may never need repairs as I been using Sovereigns since 1996 when I became a dealer and sold many and used many and only seen one go bad and that was a bad switch new right out of the box. The only other Sovereigns I have heard about were those that someone opened up and tried to modify and had to have Minelab straightened out.

Rick does it mean that they wont even look at the original or XS Sov? Or will they still repair toggles and stuff thats probably readily available?
Your right they are super reliable:thumbup:

Neil

I emailed minelab last week to see about getting a new faceplate and knobs on my xs2a-pro (purely cosmetic I know)) as well as having a health check performed on it. They said no problem, it's $35 an hour for labor + parts.

Brian

All,

I sent my Sovereign XS-2 Pro to Minelab last week (6/25) via UPS, for a 'tune-up'.
It's somewhere between Colorado and Nevada right now, due there tomorrow.

Prior to shipping I had spoken to Bill in Customer Service, at that time he thought that the XS-2 would still be serviced.

Also, according to the memo posted on another forum IDing the non-serviceable machines (Explorer forum I believe) Minelab did not include the XS-2.

So, if the XS-2 will be serviced, the XS-2a surely can be.

Stay tuned, I will post concerning this when I hear from Minelab and they confirm that the XS-2 will be serviced.