Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab repair service! REVISITED!!!!!

wade tx

After keeping my Exterra 70 for almost two months. I got it back with the same problem only worse. Garbled sound like the speaker is bad, not only that but extremely erratic. Good detector when it's right, this is the third time. Should I request a new detector? I don't think I should be expected to send it back and wait anotherv two months for nothing. Plenty dissapointed with these people.---Wade

Call Minelab at 702) 891-8809, and ask to speak to Dick Shultz. He is the Customer Service Manager.

Wade, it's hard to figure why you are having so much trouble with Minelab. Can't blame you for being upset. I sent mine in two weeks ago and got it back yesterday. I can't complain about the service. Do as Digger said, call and talk to Dick.

I'm very familiar with Dick Chultz, maybe I'm snake bit on this thing. I've talked to him, he's a nice guy, but I'm not getting any results. I've just left a message and he's going to call me back. We'll see what happens.---Wade

wade.
I think at this point, it'd be a good idea to ask for a replacement unit. If you remember, I posted under your last post about this and said that I'd also had problems with my X-Terra 30. I sent it back 3 times as well. As I live in Australia, it went back to Minelab here. The first time, it was as if nothing was repaired at all. The second time, the problems were only partially addressed, so on the third occasion, I rung up the service department and politely expressed my frustration at the fact that the situation remained unresolved, so asked (virtually insisted) that they replace the entire control box, as I had no confidence left in the unit eta. They were quite understanding and were happy to do that and now I have a unit that I happily use. If it had come back with further problems, then I would have moved onto other brands all together. As it was, during that time of frustration, I bought another brand of detector and have become quite proficient with it.
At this point, I think that a request for a replacement unit would be a perfectly valid one and should restore the situation from the one you now find yourself in.
Good luck.
Mick Evans.

He's going to put a rush order on it. He said he would do whatever it takes to make it right. We'll see I guess.--Wade