Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab repair service!

wade tx

You better hope you don't have to send your Exterra in for warranty repair. Mine has been there going on 6 wks. Everytime I check on it, they say maybe next wk. Seems they are short handed, lost a couple of tech's.---Wade

I had to send my X-70 in this summer and they got it back the following week with a new coil and main board. My new MF 10 1/2" DD coil came loose in the housing and that took out the main board. They repaired it at no cost and it was off warranty. They may have a lot of repair work after a long summer and fall.

I sent my X-70 in for repair on 9-10-08. It is now 11-04-08 and it still is not done. When I called Minelab today I was told it may be done in a couple more weeks.

For a company that is so large I would think that they would be prepared, in case a service person would be off work for a extended amount of time.

I own two Minelabs and I doubt that I will ever get another one.​

I shudder to think what would happen if I had to send one of those back. Do they go to Las vegas too, for repair?---Wade

They told me that all Minelabs within the USA go to Las Vegas for repair..​

In visiting with Minelab USA this week, I was told that another technician just came aboard. So in addition to having a very dependable brand of product to begin with, there is now an additional repair technician, in case the need arrises. HH Randy

My Ex II is there and they told me the same. 6 WEEKS. I am using my x 70 now and I am remembering why i bought it. It is a great dtector.

Wade
To be fair to Minelab, they have just released 2 detectors; the E-Trac and the Safari. There are a number of them being returned at the moment, which would be putting quite a strain on things in the short term. Once they sort those early glitches out, I'm sure that you'll see better turn around times.
Who knows: maybe next year, they will release an upgrade 70.
Mick Evans.

Also on their new GPX 4500 there is a factory recall on for serial numbers up to about # 1200 for a fault to get fixed. People are getting recall notices in Australia with an airmail bag and also a recall in North America. So this could be plugging up service repair too.

Quote from Mick, "Who knows: maybe next year, they will release an upgrade 70."

I hope not Mick because I just bought a new 70 recently, that would make me upset and I could have waited until next year for one.

Yeah. I know how you feel Wade. I had problems with my X-Terra a while back and was far from being pleased with it; but it all worked out in the end and I'm glad I stuck by it. It's a machine that I quite enjoy to use now.
Don't worry, I vented a bit at the time too.
Mick evans.

I don't care how many new machines they've released, how short they are on technicians, or any other excuses. That's not the consumer's problem. In any industry, if it can't be repaired in a couple of weeks, a new unit should be sent. That's the cost of not having enough people on staff. Why inconvenience the customer for the company's mistakes?

Hi all, new to forum, new to hobby. Bought a new x-70 in august, it went down in October. Had to send it in to nv. Talked with dick, he put a rush on it and i got it back in 15 days. Couldn't be happier with the service. Sorry to here about all the problems others are having. Been reading the posts on this forum for awhile now and have learned alot, for that a big thanks to all.

I first sent in my X-70 on 9-10-08.
It finally arrived back to me on 11-12-08.
It was not fixed at all. It had large air bubbles in the screen, so I phoned Minelab in Vegas. I talked to the service man. He told me that they were caused by the different pressures in the airplane during transit back to me.

The darned thing was not shipped via air. It was shipped via UPS. So this tells me that someone really messed up or simply didn't tell me the truth.

So again I sent it back for repair on 11-13-08.

It finally arrived to my home last night which was 12-04-08.
I haven't yard tested it yet but will do very soon.
In my humble opinion from 9-10-08 to 12-04-08 is simply unacceptable for a warranty repair.
For such a large company this kind of service is not up to the standards which I expect from anyone.
Thank your for any future. comments.​

Hello everyone. I am also new to forum, but pretty old of hobby and body. I have a UPS confirmation for my Explorer XS with an arrival to Minelab Service Department Las Vegas on 1 October, 2008. I have just been notified today (5 Dec. 200:geek: that my unit has been repaired and sent to Minelab shipping department for shipment to my address. Thankfully, Ron Johnson has recently come out of retirement to be the third technician. So it looks like it will be about ten weeks for me. I am sorry to say I will no longer use a Minelab product in any competition or organized hunt.