Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Repairs on Moded Detectors ?

If you have a problem with your detector but it is not related to the Mod....will Minelab still work on them & still leave the Mod work alone & not put everything back to original ?????? also will they do anything to a battery pod that you have replaced the Battery in ????......I have been thinking about getting some Mod work done but just did not know how Minelab felt about it.....Thanks......Tab.

from what I have heard they don't even want you to install the toggle rubber boots that should come standard on the GT's, until after the warranty runs out in 3 years.....

tiggar

My Excal is out of warranty.....so no problem there....I wanted to have a mod done to it but if later on if I had a problem that was not related to the mod would Minelab still fix my Excal & leave my mod alone...guess I will call them & see what they have to say about working on Moded machines...........Tab.

A while back I remember reading something about a guy that sent in his Excal to be repaired that had some mods done to it and when he got it back there was no mods any more. He was told that they can not work on any Minelab that mods done to it and had to put it back to factory specs before they can do any repairs. If you call Minelab you will have to let us know for sure.

Rick

Contacted Minelab was told by a Tech that if the Mod was not the actual problem that they should be able to make any repairs....However depending on the Mod they might not be able to Warranty any repair done as their warranty assumes an OEM status for the detector...also it could limit their ability to Pressure Test it as well..........my advice call first, explain about the mods done & go from there.....Tab.

Somehow I feel they would never work on my Excalibur 800 (well once an 800). I bought a WOT 15" coil a long time ago and used a waterproof connector I bought from SunRay to join the wires together. Still one of the best machines I own and it covers a lot of wet sand. I found a 14K white gold ring at a materialized beach with it yesterday. Before that I had one of the original Excals with the horseshoe coil that I still have in the garage. I exchanged that coil with a 10 inch one. The lower shaft broke one too many times and I retired the machine. It couldn't stand the extra coil weight...nes

Nes (south Coast-CA) said:
Somehow I feel they would never work on my Excalibur 800 (well once an 800). I bought a WOT 15" coil a long time ago and used a waterproof connector I bought from SunRay to join the wires together. Still one of the best machines I own and it covers a lot of wet sand. I found a 14K white gold ring at a materialized beach with it yesterday. Before that I had one of the original Excals with the horseshoe coil that I still have in the garage. I exchanged that coil with a 10 inch one. The lower shaft broke one too many times and I retired the machine. It couldn't stand the extra coil weight...nes

If you had a coil problem then they could send it back to you & you could replace the WOT yourself....if the problem is elsewhere then they would probably repair it......like I said above call & explain the mod & talk it out with the Tech.....I think that they are willing to work with us on Moded Machines....HH....Tab.

The good thing is, I've never had a problem with the Excalibur 800 converted to the 15"WOT. I took the machine out on Wednesday and found a mans 14k White gold ring which weighed in at 7 grams. This on a highly mineralized beach. Also some change, mostly quarters. Not an underwater setup because of the coil size, but it still finds good stuff in the wet. I think I've owned this machine since it superseded the original Excal. The original machine had a lot of faults, mainly with flimsy construction, but I found a lot of rings with it.... nes