Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Safari owners opinions

You guys that own these detectors and use them, are they quiet while your searching? Thinking about buying one but want to know more about it first, thanks.

By quiet not sure what you mean. Like all MD's I know there is the light background "buzz" that is adjustable.
But you do need to hear it.
When you detect metal it will give you a loud tone. This tone starts at iron at a very low freq. & goes up as you
detect "better" objects. This gives the safari an almost flute like sound as you detect a variety of metals in a small area.
It takes time & learning to master it but when you do it will give great results.
All MD's have strengths & weaknesses.
Safari great on wet SALT water sand, depth & ID, ground balance & more.
Bad news it has slow "processing" so very trashy sites are challenging but doable.

Winter is coming so its a good time to study & find the MD that best suits your style & specialties.
Even the under $500 MD's can give great results. In the mid price Safari gives you FBS tech. Keep a watch on the
unreleased ML "Equinox" which uses a new approach & addresses the slow processor problem. A forum is already
here for it.
Good hunting.
C U later Tom
LFOD !

Depends on:
1) Where your searching
2) The threshold setting.

I suppose most all detectors are 'noisy' or 'quiet' depending on those 2 factors. In the A.M. setting, the F.B.S. will trigger all kinds of tones and so it's up to you to decipher if it's a tone worth digging or passing. If you are detecting in A.M. your gonna get the whole orchestra of sounds!!!lol

JJames1610 said:
You guys that own these detectors and use them, are they quiet while your searching? Thinking about buying one but want to know more about it first, thanks.

If my Safari was quiet I'd be worried... LOL

I hunt in manual sens at 17 and switch back-n-forth from Relic (conductive sounds) and A.M.

My threshold is set at 10 so I can hear the buzz/null when over disc'd out iron.

As some say "it is slow at processing" is true only at the display. But moving from target to target it's lightning quick in delivering the signals.

This is my first detector and it is an awesome machine. I'm glad I started out with it.

No there not threshold sound is needed hope this helps.

I decided to buy one, it should be here Friday. Thanks y'all. It's took me 2 days to run back thru this forum and pick up thoughts and ideas and tips. Good stuff. I am going to try a minelab because most of the VLF machines I have tried will false on minerals when your in all metal and running sensitivity as high as possible. I am not a coin hunter I am a cache hunter. Everything I have gathered on the safari is it should work. I have test targets buried and will test it out a lot before the actual hunting. I will try it out every way possible before actually hunting for real.