Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab SE Pro Coil Experience

JodyReb

I got out with my new coil this weekend and went over a spot I've been over at least 15 times over the last few years. This coil found lots of stuff I have missed before and was very easy to pinpoint with. I was very happy with it and as of right now, I'm glad I kept my Explorer II and changed out the stock coil for this new one. It's almost like having an upgraded detector as opposed to going to a newer model. Maybe in time; love the increases in technology.

A different coil on an existing machine is just like getting a revamped newer unit capable of finding so much more in so many different ways.

On that EX2...you now have turned it into a more lethal weapon. I'm looking for an EX2 myself to back up my SE. I had one for a couple of years...and would like to get one again just in case something happens to my SE.

A lot of people feel the EX2 handles iron better..

I did the same thing with my EXII JodyReb. It's like a new machine, an upgrade without the huge cost.
Good luck with it
Jim

I did the same thing about two months ago! I put the 11" Pro coil on my Explorer 2 and it was almost like having a new machine. It is so much lighter. Now another thing I did was get the WOT 15" coil. Funny but I find myself using the 15" coil more. It is almost as light as the Pro coil, it covers more ground and is such a fantastic coil to use....just like the Pro coil. The only problem is trashy areas. If you ever do get the bigger coil, just make sure you get another lower rod, because changing the coils back and forth is a BIG PAIN in the REAR! That is my only complaint. Congrats and good luck!

Pro coil was the best thing I ever did on my SE. Just had my first multiple silver monthm, 16 coins in the same park Ive hunted before.
Good luck.