Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MINELAB SOLD!!!!!

morelic1955

Check this out........... http://www.codan.com.au/Portals/0/investorpubs/1.%20Acquisition%20Announcement%20.pdf

Codan, like Minelab, has built a strong customer base by providing both quality products and excellent customer service. So as far as any changes invoked due to the "acquistion"........ as far as Minelab detector enthusiasts are concerned, I'd guess it will be transparent. JMHO HH Randy

that Minelab was started in 1989, at least for hobby metal detectors. I thought they were a much older company. They sure have come a long way in 18 years. Ron

At least for U.S., I believe all warranty work is in house(Las Vegas). From reading about Codan though, they have a sales division Manassas VA, which makes sense, since they have an advanced military line of radio equipment that they manufacture. Whether that is a Codan sales only office, or distribution + support I don't know. Sure wouldn't make a bad second U.S. location for the East Coast customers. But the announcement states that they will operate as individual divisions.

Codan appears to be like the Oz version of Motorola's military/commercial radio division.

HH
BarnacleBill

Bill, Im new to minelab, do you see this as a problem or will this improve their lines??? I know it's still early but man they sure make a good detector, hope this change does nt make us suffer...:sadwalk:

Sooner or later it will happen to all of our loved companies. Not just detector companies either. I've ran my own business for 24 years. If someone dangled enough cash in my face I would sell too! Some businesses are built to be passed on generation after generation. But some family members just don't want the headache of running a company. They would rather have the instant cash. Who could blame them - it's a business. As other owners of metal detector companies are getting older or pass away then there may be the selling off of those companies too. I don't blame then. It's better than just closing shop. It's unlikely that an individual would have millions of dollars to buy a detecting company? This leaves other big businesses to front the cash. We may not like these big companies buying these family run businesses but that's the reality of it all. If we could keep the old timers living to run the companies forever then we would - but we can't. I don't think it's the intention of any business or board members of such to buy a company and run it into the ground.