Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Souvereign XS 2A

opa81

I just purchased this old Minelab Souvereign XS 2A. It came with 2 coils and a meter.

I only like to use this detector on the Beach.

I Like to buy a bigger coil for this detector, I was thinking about a 15 inch WOT. I'm wondering if it is possible to fit the WOT on this detector. Or perpaps is there another type of coil I can use.
If possible at least 12 inch.

I was also thinking about the batteries, can you still buy them. I know it comes with 1 new battery.

I used to have the more modern Blue Souvereign so I do have experience with this detector.

Andre

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210306-101254_Marktplaats.jpg
    Screenshot_20210306-101254_Marktplaats.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 162
  • Screenshot_20210306-101323_Marktplaats.jpg
    Screenshot_20210306-101323_Marktplaats.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 168
  • Screenshot_20210306-101259_Marktplaats.jpg
    Screenshot_20210306-101259_Marktplaats.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 181
I just purchased this old Minelab Souvereign XS 2A. It came with 2 coils and a meter.

I only like to use this detector on the Beach.

I Like to buy a bigger coil for this detector, I was thinking about a 15 inch WOT. I'm wondering if it is possible to fit the WOT on this detector. Or perpaps is there another type of coil I can use.
If possible at least 12 inch.

I was also thinking about the batteries, can you still buy them. I know it comes with 1 new battery.

I used to have the more modern Blue Souvereign so I do have experience with this detector.

Andre
Coiltek makes or made a 15" coil,l had one on an original sovereign

I have used several large coils on the Sovereign.

My favorite is the Detech 13 inch Ultimate; it weighs about 17 oz, and is extremely deep in wet ocean sand, especially in all metal. It is stable and does not usually false from wind/water droplets on coil. I use this as my standard Sovereign coil on the salt water beach.

The Coiltek WOT coil is listed as 15 in, but measures 14.25 inches and it weighs about 26 oz. It will go deep, but falses if you push the sensitivity in wind or if water droplets are on coil. It is very sturdy.

The NEL Aattack coil is a true 15 inches, and weighs about 26 oz. It will go deep especially in all metal, but it does not like being around other detectors, especially CTX 3030, when you push the sensitivity. It also will "wobble false" in the wind.

I always use a modified Detecting Pal (DetectorPro) to smooth out my sweeps and prevent shoulder tendinitis.

Have fun with your Sovereign!

Charles

I have the GT... I’ve had great success with the WOT farm field hunting..it hits large cents very deep...for hunting the shoreline and dry sand I like the results I’ve had with the NEL thunder..

I used the Detech 13" Ultimate on my sovereign GT. Worked well for me.