Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Sovereign GT

Depends on your objective. The sov. is a deeep ballsy machine. So it might actually be over-kill for sand box and tot-lots. But sure, it will work. If you're in a sand-volley-ball court where you suspect stuff might be super deep, then perhaps it's a good fit for that. But on the other hand, like any power-house deep-seeker, it will not be too efficient on teensy dainty stuff. So be prepared to possibly miss a dangly fine bracelet or necklace, or earing stud, etc...... If your objective is to find things that small (which you might expect for sand volley-ball courts d/t the frolicking motions), then you might consider various 2 filter machines made by Tesoro. However, they won't go as deep. So it's a trade off.

Personally I find the long bbeeoonnggs (sound-tails) of the Sov. annoying . But other people like it.

I have the gt and love it for farm fields and beach but for tot lots ,volleyball courts i prefer a unit with target id..just my preference.. the gt will probably work fine in those areas as there is usually very little iron ..

I would tend to agree. My sovereign gt is basically gold dead on small fine/medium chains, but a lot of detectors are for those things. Love it for everything else thou. I'd do some research for hunting micro gold jewelry unless you're looking for rings. The sovereign would do great for that.