Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Tech Claims Blown Away Huh ?

jmario

Blown away huh ?

Hype is usually a fraction versus reality.

I can afford to wait and see !On the other hand.

I would like to believe PI/VLF technology has evolved to the next level,its time

And whats with the GPS, will that be a free update ? a subscription ?

TomTom meets Tesla and this is there offspring,

Honestly if CTX 3030 is anything near what they would have us hope for I'll force my wife to sell her wedding ring and I'll give up my big screen out in the man cave to get one.

Heelgrasper said:
jmario said:
And whats with the GPS, will that be a free update ? a subscription ?
For what?

With some GPS units there's a regular update required so as to keep the mapping software up to date as well as the maps. I use google earth but that requires an Internet connection will this unit have wifi or a data plan like my Iphone lots of un-answered questions I love gadgets with bells and whistles . But in this game performance rules the day.

I wouldn't imagine you would need a map update for a gps in a detector. It may just show how far and in what direction you are from point A at point B and allow you to save positions. You don't need a map with updated roads for that. There may be updates for sat positions so it takes less time to acquire a signal though.

jmario said:
With some GPS units there's a regular update required so as to keep the mapping software up to date as well as the maps. I use google earth but that requires an Internet connection will this unit have wifi or a data plan like my Iphone lots of un-answered questions I love gadgets with bells and whistles . But in this game performance rules the day.
Maps? Who said anything about maps? It's a GPS, not a navigator.

The GPS unit would be handy for the Feds, or some third party people to know where you've been.:lol:

Heelgrasper (Maps? Who said anything about maps? It's a GPS, not a navigator.)

Yes It is very much like a navigator

Ok From my under standing of portable GPS and hand helds you have to load either North America maps depending where you purches (what part of the world) or the maps come pre-installed, for example on my hand held I need to load USGS - Topographic Maps for my area, I have to purchase or have a subscription this is what I use for prospecting my region, that would be where I live . The GPS is only a receiver that coordinates with my pre- installed on board topo/ maps .
The GPS ( Global Positioning Satellites ) do not provide downloads or regional or topo maps They have to be pre- installed on the device's your using . The maps and software have to be updated regularly. So what am I missing

From what I see there are no "maps" but a GPS mapping ability. I had the same concept many years ago. My concept was I could take waypoints in the field from found targets and then upload it to my PC where it would show a debris field. Not a location map but a debris map I could use to better see how the targets were found. This would help you know where to look in future hunts.

PC Mapping on there spec sheet I get it . Mystery solved

Not that i do it , but it would not be a good idea to Nighthawk with one of these detectors :D talk about evidence !

Nuke em said:
Not that i do it , but it would not be a good idea to Nighthawk with one of these detectors :D talk about evidence !
Lol I hunt at night because it is cooler.. never at a spot where I don't have permission... but that is plus I haven't considered.. We have hunted on big yards, with the mapping you could actually grid more accurately... cool !