Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab tech service is good - Minelab is great!

madaboutmike

I bought a Sov. Elite from Kellyco 2 yrs. ago. I never had a MD so I got the best based upon consumer reviews. The meter never registered to 550 but I decided to 'live with it'. Last year the 10" tornado coil started shorting out. I started using the 5" Tornado coil. I was finding things but wondered if there was something wrong with Me or the Machine. I worked dismantled the jack of the 10" coil - one soldering point was larger than the other 3 and was contacting with the inner diameter of the metal jack. I filed it down and it worked. A few months ago, I charged the battery and turned the machine on. It didn't work. Finally, I called Minelab and described the prob.. With directions, I sent the control box, meter, and both coils to Los Vegas attention to Bill. Today I got a call. Come to find out, the meter can be recalibrated, which Bill did, and also, there was a weak soldering point in the control box that Bill also fixed, The best thing was that Bill got back to me on my cell phone, described the problem, affirmed that there were no coil probs, and everything was checking out. Now that this machine is coming home, costing only $20.00 to repair with $15.00 shipping, The best thing is that Minelab provides good support! Minelab is good - Minelab is great! Anyone who thinks they're not getting results or has doubts with their machines should take the plunge and get it checked out. mike