Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab Unveils a New Gold Detector . . . . and you won't believe the price!

Andy Sabisch

Minelab is synonymous with finding gold but for many, the price has been the deal-breaker . . . . Minelab has finally listened and after more than a year of testing and development, they released a new gold detector . . . . (the Arabic writing is the detector's name and is intended for customers in that part of the world)

[attachment 341144 GMLOgo.jpg]

Ok, maybe not the typical Minelab name for a product but it offers exceptional performance on a wide range of target sizes . . . from sub-grain to whoppers. While it is designated as a single frequency VLF operating at 45 khz, the Minelab engineers have designed a new way to spread that out so that you are able to detect targets of all sizes. Other detectors are hot for small pieces or large pieces based on their frequency forcing one to choose what they are looking to find or buy multiple units to cover all bases. The following graph shows what the engineers worked to accomplish:

[attachment 341143 GoldMonsterGraph.jpg]

Other controls are Sensitivity (Manual or Auto) and Volume . . .and that’s it! Simplicity meets performance in the new Minelab Gold Monster 1000!

The shaft design is unique in that it breaks down into three sections allowing you to put the entire detector in a small backpack to get to those remote and productive sites. A unique clevis piece that allows you to use an alternative shaft if desired (or even a branch if your shaft breaks in the back country), you will not have any downtime.

Powered by a rechargeable battery pack, the Gold Monster 1000 comes with a wall charger as well as a clip that can be attached to a battery for charging in the field . . . another Minelab first.

And as the famous TV commercials said . . . . .

[attachment 341145 More.jpg]

The Gold Monster 1000 comes with [size=x-large]two[/size] search coils . . . . a 10”x6” elliptical Double-D and a smaller 5” round Double-D for tight spaces.

[attachment 341142 GoldMonsterBrochure.jpg]

OK, so what is the price on this new Minelab detector?

Hopefully you are sitting down because the entire package with the two coils, innovative charging system and pocket guide sells for . . . .

[size=x-large]$799 shipped (in the U.S.)[/size]

The Gold Monster 1000 will be in high demand worldwide and each region will receive equal shipments which means back orders for those that want to get out with it first will exist.

Minelab is expecting to have them shipping by April 2017.

Click here to see a short video that Minelab produced showing the actual detector in operation. Stop the video at points where they show the closeup of the detector to see the entire package.

Treasure Hunting Outfitters does have some of the first units reserved and is taking names to reserve yours now so you will the first to have this amazing new detector to find what others have missed.

Email us to reserve yours today [email subject=Sales@TreasureHuntingOutfitters.com]sales@treasurehuntingoutfitters.com[/email]

NO, there is an FE-REJECT touchpad in the center to reject iron. There is also a bar across the top that shows ferrous / gold probability to aid in determining to dig or not

Andy Sabisch said:
NO, there is an FE-REJECT touchpad in the center to reject iron. There is also a bar across the top that shows ferrous / gold probability to aid in determining to dig or not

Great thanks for that , sounds good :biggrin: so are they saying it can modulate its own freq as per the graph without user input ? if so would that be ground mineral content based or similar ? I know there isn't much info on this detector but it does sound nice so far for nugget hunting maybe even a park if so inclined.

thanks again!!

AJ

Andy

When you turn the sensitivity (is it a gain control?) down will it retain good depth on larger gold like a mens band? Perhaps eliminating tiny foil bits?
You know where I'm gong with this.

Thanks Tom

Sounds good for Gold nugget hunters . Again !
But what about us coin and relic hunters ?
The design looks alright ?? but could we have a similar machine with a number display for normal land and beach hunting ? at around 8 to 10 khts .

The Terra needs a replacement with something more up to date and better water resistance too.

Sorry to hijack but need a Terra replacement and wont buy other makes for what i do.

They could call the beach machine Sea Monster or Nessie for short.

vlad said:
Give it up Andy! :lol: :detecting:

Well i hope it is . As long as its to replace the Terra then i will be happy .

That would be an application for it . . . still should get decent depth but not kill you on the tiny stuff

Andy Sabisch said:
That would be an application for it . . . still should get decent depth but not kill you on the tiny stuff

Andy ,
Targeting the African market , I just hope it may handle Australian mineralization .

Cheers

goldrat

Minelab tested it throughout Australia and reported positive results when they unveiled it at the conference in January

Andy

Thanks Andy for your info . Incidentally I purchased your CTX3030 manual and it has helped immensely .

Cheers
goldrat

Wow, you guys are getting it cheap. Check out our price on Reeds Prospecting site here in Australia, 1 Million dollars. :rofl:

Smigo said:
Wow, you guys are getting it cheap. Check out our price on Reeds Prospecting site here in Australia, 1 Million dollars. :rofl:

And now the Pound is so weak that means Trillions of Pounds for us here in the UK :D

Us Aussies get so ripped off. But seriously, it looks like a cool little unit. Just wish the ground where i am wasnt so red hot. Unfortunately its not VLF friendly at all. After years of VLF's pounding it up to the Minelab XT 1800 and Goldmasters and all the rest, when the SD2000 came out we were going back to patches and getting nuggets around 1/4 oz for example just a few inches deep that was hidden by the minerals to the VLF's. Who knows though, maybe they have cracked that barrier with it. Ha ha, with a name like Gold Monster they'd want to have. Personally i doubt it though and reckon it'll be just another VLF with a cool catchy marketing name. Lets face it, what extra depth with VLF's on gold have we seen in the last 20 yrs? As far as im concerned, here in OZ, none. In fact i reckon, for example, the Whites GMT actually lost some depth and sensitivity over previous older versions. Tamer to use but not quite as much grunt. Gold bug 2 got some more sensitivity but here it was so unruly it needed to be dialed back so much to shut it up it virtually became then a Gold Bug 1. Could go on but I'll shut up now.