Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab warranty question

Hotrod65

So just throwing this out there to see if anyone has asked Minelab or has thoughts on this issue. I would assume most everyone who has acquired an Equinox pre-ordered it and many paid the full price upon ordering to get a spot in line (I did). In completing the online warranty page they require the "date of purchase". Well I would assume they want this date as it will likely be the start of the warranty period. In my situation the date I paid and the date I actually received the unit are about 3 months apart. What is everyone using as the date purchased?

Hotrod65 said:
So just throwing this out there to see if anyone has asked Minelab or has thoughts on this issue. I would assume most everyone who has acquired an Equinox pre-ordered it and many paid the full price upon ordering to get a spot in line (I did). In completing the online warranty page they require the "date of purchase". Well I would assume they want this date as it will likely be the start of the warranty period. In my situation the date I paid and the date I actually received the unit are about 3 months apart. What is everyone using as the date purchased?
The Day I had my 800 Nox in my hands I went on line and filled out the warranty as the day I purchased it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:thumbup:

I would think there is an invoice date or date of shipment on the original paper work. If the invoice date is 3 months before I would request from the dealer a new invoice. I would think you may need to keep the original paperwork since what would stop you from entering a warranty registration a year from today.

I spoke to Jamie at Minelab this morning. Asked that exact question. She told me to use the "received date of the detector".

Online warranty requires serial number and that would be when it's in your hands no reciept or invoice needed if you do this! Ever

Joedaddy276 said:
Online warranty requires serial number and that would be when it's in your hands no reciept or invoice needed if you do this! Ever
Yep I concur 100%

biglry said:
Online warranty requires serial number and that would be when it's in your hands no reciept or invoice needed if you do this! EverYep I concur 100%

Concur 200%....I’m sure ML intended the date of purchase to be the date of delivery. Just didn’t work out that way for some. I’m sure they’ll back it from date of delivery. Personally I’ve had nothing but good luck with ML warranty,but nothing was borderline or sketchy,it was obvious product fault. I know in the far past it’s been a bit weird...

Using the Date I paid but my problem is I have gtried to register it and keeps telling me my serial number is not excepted bought from River Teams Detectors so I know its a true minelab any Ideas got a call into David to see what I need to do or is there a way to contact Minelab by Phone to register ?

BarryL said:
Using the Date I paid but my problem is I have gtried to register it and keeps telling me my serial number is not excepted bought from River Teams Detectors so I know its a true minelab any Ideas got a call into David to see what I need to do or is there a way to contact Minelab by Phone to register ?

Got a hold of David he is going to call Minelab also he told me to make sure serial numbers on box match control housing and they do so will wait for him to let me know anyway hope no one else is having this issue

well got it registered after a few changes tried to register on the date I paid no luck finally excepted it on the date I received it from Fed Ex