Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab WM08 1/8 to 1/4 Adapter

sgoss66 said:
Sure thing, hotrod! Bottom line, if an Equinox user likes the Bluetooth headphones, and plans to use them full-time, there is basically ZERO need to ever use the WM08. The WM08 is really just for people who DON'T want to use Bluetooth headphones, but instead "corded" ones, but still would like to be detached/untethered from the machine itself...

Steve

I've got another use for the WM-08. Since the EQX can connect to multiple wireless devices at once, I can listen to the factory headphones and plug a patch cord from the WM-08 to the "audio in" on my gopro giving me perfect, wind-free sound.

Now, I've got to find a patch cable that fits. :confused:

I feel the 1/4" female to 1/8" male adapter, due to its weight, puts too much stress on the 1/8" input on the WM 08 wireless audio module. I have searched long and hard, but finally found, and was able to order, a short audio cable that has a 1/4" female input on one end of the stereo cable, and a 1/8" male audio plug on the other end. I am hoping when that arrives I will be able to use it successfully and that it won't put so much pressure on the 1/8" input in the WM 08 audio module. I guess I may not say where I ordered it from, but the source begins with an "A". Will let you know if it works for me when it arrives, and I get to use it "in the field."

Personally, I think the best solution, if you desire to use the WM 08, would be for Minelab to get its Equinox wired headphones on their accessories list. That set of headphones comes standard with a straight 1/8" male plug on the end which should work perfect with the WM 08 module.

Hotrod65 said:
Maybe someone can educate me on the reason for this adapter and why the need for the WM08. I am missing something, if you have low latency wireless headphones why go this route? Sorry for being such a noob on this topic.

The wireless headphones sound terrible, at least to me. I am used to hearing nice crisp high tones and well distinguished low mid tones with my Killer Bees. The wireless headphones also hurt my head after an hour.

sgoss66 said:
OK, reporting back...

I have tried three of them now, that all work.

First, I bought this one, and thought it didn't work -- because the 1/8 end was "too fat" to fit into the WM08 securely. HOWEVER, I just recently realized that the wide chrome/metal part UNSCREWS, and can be removed, revealing a thinner, plastic connector end on the inside, and the thinner plastic portion fits very nicely inside the WM08 -- so actually, this one works great (I tested it for sound and it sounds real good). It was from edit and was only $2.69 shipped, from China...

Audio Aux 6.35mm 1/4" Female to 3.5mm 1/8" Male Stereo Headphone Adapter Cable

The only issue with this one is the male end is STEREO, so it MAY not cut off the Equinox speaker if plugged directly into the unit; I only tested it on the WM08 where it works well.

Anyway, here's the second one I bought, when I THOUGHT the first one wouldn't work, and it also worked well (and it's stereo female to mono male, so it SHOULD work in either the WM08 OR plugged directly into the Equinox...)

edit

This one was $5.99 and free shipping, but it's unavailable right now.

But this one was in my headphones case, that I lost when I lost the case, headphones, and all the contents (long story!)

So, when I lost that one, here's the third one I bought most recently, from ebay, for $9.99 and free shipping (and it's ALSO stereo female to mono male, so it should ALSO work in either the WM08 OR plugged directly into the Equinox...)

D'Addario Planet Waves 1/4" Female Stereo 1/8" (3.5mm) Male Mono adapter

Again, to repeat, all three of these work well, on the WM08. I did not test them on the control box connection itself, to confirm if they shut off the Equinox speaker when plugged in; I suspect the mono male ones WILL; the stereo male one -- the first one listed -- may not; I will check to verify if that is important to anyone.

Obviously, NONE are waterproof.

Hope this helps!

Steve

Hey Steve! Wow, thank you for a nice detailed list. I will be trying one of those you mentioned. I bought one, but it's still too sloppy and cuts in and out a lot. :( Thanks again for the list and details!

G2M

sgoss66 said:
OK, reporting back...

I have tried three of them now, that all work.

First, I bought this one, and thought it didn't work -- because the 1/8 end was "too fat" to fit into the WM08 securely. HOWEVER, I just recently realized that the wide chrome/metal part UNSCREWS, and can be removed, revealing a thinner, plastic connector end on the inside, and the thinner plastic portion fits very nicely inside the WM08 -- so actually, this one works great (I tested it for sound and it sounds real good). It was from edit and was only $2.69 shipped, from China...

Audio Aux 6.35mm 1/4" Female to 3.5mm 1/8" Male Stereo Headphone Adapter Cable

The only issue with this one is the male end is STEREO, so it MAY not cut off the Equinox speaker if plugged directly into the unit; I only tested it on the WM08 where it works well.

Anyway, here's the second one I bought, when I THOUGHT the first one wouldn't work, and it also worked well (and it's stereo female to mono male, so it SHOULD work in either the WM08 OR plugged directly into the Equinox...)

edit

This one was $5.99 and free shipping, but it's unavailable right now.

But this one was in my headphones case, that I lost when I lost the case, headphones, and all the contents (long story!)

So, when I lost that one, here's the third one I bought most recently, from ebay, for $9.99 and free shipping (and it's ALSO stereo female to mono male, so it should ALSO work in either the WM08 OR plugged directly into the Equinox...)

D'Addario Planet Waves 1/4" Female Stereo 1/8" (3.5mm) Male Mono adapter

Again, to repeat, all three of these work well, on the WM08. I did not test them on the control box connection itself, to confirm if they shut off the Equinox speaker when plugged in; I suspect the mono male ones WILL; the stereo male one -- the first one listed -- may not; I will check to verify if that is important to anyone.

Obviously, NONE are waterproof.

Hope this helps!

Steve

Can you post the manufacturer part # for the D'Addario/Planet Waves adapter and/or post a link where it could be purchased? Please...

OK, so I researched it. The item number was PW-047DD -- but it's been discontinued by D'Addario, and that item number is now used for a different type of adapter. I can't find any in stock, anywhere.

Sorry all.

Mono male 1/8" to stereo female 1/4" seems to be a VERY uncommon adapter. The only other one I found (and ordered) is ALSO sold out...

Steve

I just received this one today it works on the 600 and with killer B's both switches need to be in the down position

CGTime Golden Plated 3.5mm MONO 1/8 inch Audio Male to 6.35mm 1/4 inch Female Jack Converter Cable Cord Adapter (10 inch)

What makes the Minelab adapter confusing is that it would appear they used a 3.5mm male STEREO (2 rings) plug but wired it internally for MONO ; with a female 1/4” stereo connector on the other end. What a pain in the @ss!:veryangry: