Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab X Terra 305

coinspader

I just bought a new 305 because I heard they were being discontinued and I wanted to get one before they were gone. I think with the right coil the X Terra 305 can be a very good coin shooter and at $259.00 it is a great value and a lot of fun to use. IMHO :detecting:

The simple fact that you almost never see them for sale says something. And for an entry level machine at that price, I can't think of anything that can beat it.

Have the 305 and the 705. Both great detectors and a good value right now. Use the 305 more than the 705 for beach and coin shooting. Both are very good though.
Happy hunting with your 305.

I just bought the 18khz 5x10 coil for it, I'm going to do my initial cherry picking with it on new sights.

Just got a used 305 for about $150.00 shipped. Looks new and I'm excited to put in some time before winter sets in.

Old Longhair said:
The simple fact that you almost never see them for sale says something. And for an entry level machine at that price, I can't think of anything that can beat it.

I actually got quite a few hours in on the 305. I like it more than my T2 and Gamma 6000. It runs very stable, IDs very well and, most of all, THE TONES DON'T DRIVE ME NUTS. That may sound odd, but it's true. Every other detector I've used, and I've had several, would wear on me after a few hours, but not the 305. I didn't know it till after using the 305 for a while. I did not do much testing of it, and it is winter in northern Minnesota, so I'll have to wait.

robs said:
most of all, THE TONES DON'T DRIVE ME NUTS.
That's the very reason I couldn't get rid of an AT-Pro fast enough. The audio was so horrible, I couldn't stand it.

Yeah that is probably one of the things I like best about minelab is the tones and stableness.

Hello. I bought the x terra 305 and I'm pleased how it works. However, there was a problem with the battery cover. At low pressure on the plastic cover detector de switches off. Pleas experienced forum members to help me solve this problem. I apologize for probably a poor Google translation. Thanks in advance.

Hi.theres a metal contact under the battery door. gently bend each end out a little.this metal contact is what presses against the batterys to complete the circuit.try that.