Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab X-Terra 705 Used Prices

jimz49

First let me say that I own a X-705. I'm not bashing the 705 or inferring that it isn't an adequate detector. My question has to do with what I consider a recent development regarding price. I've watched the value of used 705's drop significantly and I don't know why. I've read posts from others raving about them; I can attest through my own use of a 705 that they work well, but the used prices I've seen don't reflect it. In my experience used 705's were selling in the $500 range and now are closer to $400. That's a 20-25% drop. Do you think the used market price has dropped? Do you think used 705's are undervalued? Or do you think there is an over-saturation of x-terra's on the market and the price is reflective of supply and demand?

I am seeing almost all used detectors dropping in price. I believe there are many new models coming out and people are selling cheaply to try them. The X705 is a fine detector, but all it takes is two or three to sell on the forums for 400 bucks or so and that price is the standard. I would hate to try to be selling a used Deus when the factory cut the price a healthy amount. It is a buyers market for used detectors. If you are selling too cheap, you have to buy cheap if you are looking for another detector.

Where can I find a 705 for $400 shipped? I don't see any on the classifieds only a couple used ones on Ebay.

-Tom