Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab

BH_Landstar_

Minelab is proud to announce our new mid-range gold detector!

SDC%202300%20Detector.jpg

Key features and customer benefits include:

Pretty skimpy on details
What do you guess the significance of "2300" might be? Price?

I would have thought it would have been much more stylish and offer some new options on the controls whch it seems to lack. Garrett's ATX seems to be a much more polished and multi-functional machine. Of course time will tell but from the initial looks of this new machine Minelab got totally outdone by Garrett.

Hopefully no more than $2300.00 :biggrin: Have a feeling more like $2499.00.

Looking forward to hearing more on this new model, looks like a simple pi for those needing a shorter learning curve can see people choosing Minelab over the ATX for this reason.

Paul (CA)

I like it, Looks more like a turn on and go Pi which is ok for those wanting a shorter learning curve. Looks wise it's ok and you have to remember it's been designed to be extremely compact which took away some of the stylish appearance which was necessary to beef up the housing. Too much stylish for a shorter version waterproof Pi would have weaken the housing thus repairs would be higher than normal.

See a market for this simplified Pi, Allot of folk including seasoned veterans go for the simple detector with great performance. Be interesting to see how the SDC 2300 fares with small nuggets, Can't wait to hear more on this little tank :)

Paul (Ca)

I really enjoyed the Etrac and SE Pro and still have an Explorer 2 because they are great on silver. But as far as style points the new Garrett looks more impressive and it seems to be holding its own against Minelabs top dog gold machines. The only reason Minelab even opted for this new unit is they feared they would lose market share. I don't hate any detector manufacturer as they all have certain machines that outdo others in some areas. I currently own a Minelab,Tesoro,Teknetics,Garrett and 2 Whites and they are all very good detectors. However, Minelab has proven over the years that they like to price the products they make at a higher price point than the others. This is ironic especially since Minelab moved the production facility to Malaysia where production costs are much lower than any other manufacturer and yet they maintain the higher price on their detectors.

HH,

Shane

michaelnc said:
I really enjoyed the Etrac and SE Pro and still have an Explorer 2 because they are great on silver. But as far as style points the new Garrett looks more impressive and it seems to be holding its own against Minelabs top dog gold machines. The only reason Minelab even opted for this new unit is they feared they would lose market share. I don't hate any detector manufacturer as they all have certain machines that outdo others in some areas. I currently own a Minelab,Tesoro,Teknetics,Garrett and 2 Whites and they are all very good detectors. However, Minelab has proven over the years that they like to price the products they make at a higher price point than the others. This is ironic especially since Minelab moved the production facility to Malaysia where production costs are much lower than any other manufacturer and yet they maintain the higher price on their detectors.

HH,

Shane

Minelabs are priced higher so they are percieved by the consumer to a higher quality machine. Priced too low, consumers may conisder them to be junk..........Marketing technique.

I used a few of Minelab detectors and like all of them. But if the 2300 is only going to have and 8 inch coil that want work for me. I do a lot of beach hunting and need a larger coil. I use the 3030 now with the stock and 17 inch coil. Also the Exc II with 10 inch. Just purchased the ATX with 10X12 stock and was hoping the 2300 would would have at least a 10X12 or larger coil. So just like everyone else wanting to hear!!!!!!!

The Compact f3 has 4 controls. On/off and sensitivity - located on the side

On the top are the GB/retune threshold button and a noise cancel button which scans frequencies to find the one with the lowest EMI levels.

What the SDC will have on the top is anybody's guess, but the controls on the side are the same.

Interestingly enough, the Compact F-3 data says it has MPS. This SDC states that it has something else - namely "IMPROVED MPF" - a term ML has never used before and which can't be found anywhere on their website. This and the the fact that the model designation begins with SD, makes me wonder if in fact the case holds a development of the old STD 2100 2200 platform and not some kind of modification of the GPX platform. Of course only ML knows and they aren't planning to say anything for another 7 weeks.

After that we will have to wait till mid-April for the SDC to go on sale (according to Codan's letter to the Stock Exchange of 12 Dec.).

The phrase "quick and easy patch hunting" is also interesting. Especially on the Australian Gold Forums, a number of complaints over the years about PI detectors not "cleaning out" identified patches - especially missing small nuggets, but also specimen gold where the gold is dispersed in a mineral matrix. Could this be the intended market for the SDC? Again, maybe it will become clearer on 31 Jan.