Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab's 12 volt battery pack vs. 9.6 volt NiMh?

A

Anonymous

Hello fellow lovers of the Explorer!
I have a question that has probably been asked a gazillion times.
<STRONG>I believe</STRONG> (though could be mistaken) <STRONG>that the rechargeable battery pack that comes with the Explorer is 12 volts?</STRONG>
My question is about NiMh rechargeable batteries that when brand new are supposed to be 8 x 1.2 = 9.6 volts.
Do you think I could be getting less performance in my Explorer by using rechargeables that may be maxing at 8 to nine volts due to repeated re-charging?
I have another detector that is supposed to have a shut down feature at around 8 volts. It beeps when it hits that voltage letting you know by beeping. My NiMh rechargeables cannot be used in it.
Should I purchase another stock 12 volt rechargeable battery pack for my Explorer. And if so, where?
Thanks and HH!
Tony

Tony,
Some of them have a wrong decal on them and will show 12 volts on the decal. The accual voltage is only 9.6 volts. The Explorer has a voltage reg so these will work with no problem while the Sovereign has to have the 12 volts and why there is 10 of the rechargable battery in the pack.
If your charger is working correctly and you are getting the 10 hours out of the rechargeable I feel your battery is fine and you are not losing any performance.
Rick

I wonder if the FBS technology takes more energy to push those freq.'s into the ground than the BBS technology?
Not sure if I get 8 hours.
Do you know if the Explorer would be considered a "<span style="background-color:#ffff00;">heavy load</span>" equipment for batteries?
I forget the exact technical term but some batteries are better for <span style="background-color:#ffff00;">light load</span> equipment and some better for <span style="background-color:#ffff00;">heavy load</span> equipment.