Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minelab's New GT Meter

A

Anonymous

In reading information about Minelab's new Sovereign GT model and their new (about-to-be-released) ID meter, it now appears that Minelab has once again changed the meter scale.
First, they had their dual-range 'Bar-Graph' meter. Then they went to their '550' meter. Now, with the GT, it looks like the are using a '170' meter scale.
Does this mean that all previous '180' and '550' meters - both Minelab and aftermarket - are not useable on the new GT model? It sure looks that way.
Does anyone know for sure? How about some input from you GT owners or Minelab dealers.
Joe

I think they just made a different reference point just to be different. Winburn used the 0-200 scale but could be calibrated to 180.Im betting the new GT meter will have enough range to calibrate to 180... Im guessing new users will use the 170 scale & previous 180 meter users will crank her up to 180 ..wildherre

I dont see any difference in the operation of the SunRay on the GT or the any of the other Sovereigns. I dd my test on all the coins and trash and they read the same on the Sovereigns. Also on the GT like the Elite nickles will read higher if using freq 1 instead of freq 2 by 2 numbers.
I understood the new Minelab meter was going to be using the 180 scale.
Rick

Rick,
Thanks for the information. Take a look at Minelab's on-line owner's manual. They show a U.S. Quarter being used to calibrate the GT meter to '170'.
Why? Is this a typo, or is there a reason?
Joe

It maybe just a typo,or maybe they want to use the 170 numbers to be differnt, that way all the numbers will be off from what we are used to, but I do know my SunRay DTI 2 works the same on the GT as it does on the Elite and the older Sovereigns too. I am sure your Patriot meter will work the same too.
Rick