Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

mineralised soil giving me trouble

targets

i am working an area of black soil from human habitation with bits of roof tile ,bits of sandstone ,and pebbles and pipe bowls ,but no iron seen ,anyways i get spurious signals in the 80s that sound ok but no metal objects are then seen when i dig them .GB seems to be 88 region or maybe down to 84 ,but i dont use tracking as allegedly it reduces depth so leave it on 88..so i am wondering what settings i can tweak to reduce the spurious signals if its possible.

tried a variety of freqs and deus progs inc deep and gmaxx but problems persists

any ideas what to try ??

Take your T2 back to the site and try it. Sometimes different detectors do better in other areas.

You didn’t specify your location but watch out for hot rocks and coke as they can wreck havoc if you can’t recogine or notch them out.

i already dug 15 inches and nothing seen so i have to suspect some kinda hot rocks..but i can return to it to check again

Gannon said:
Take your T2 back to the site and try it. Sometimes different detectors do better in other areas.

You didn’t specify your location but watch out for hot rocks and coke as they can wreck havoc if you can’t recogine or notch them out.

i have had similar ghost sigs and checked em with other machines like the T2 and its the same story ...nothing metallic there .and a big crater

I think everyone chases those spurious signals now and then. 3 events come to my mind. First time I got a great signal, I was certain it was a copper. I dug a monster hole and found nothing. Turns out I was detecting over a 4 foot diameter iron wagon wheel rim just a few inches below the surface. That spot in the center of the rim sounded sweet ! Another time got a great signal. I dug about a foot down before I remembered there was a large gas main that cut through the field. Thankfully the gas main was at least 4 feet deep :laugh: Those events occurred when I was a rookie. But not too long ago I got a nice small signal and dig as I may, nothing could be found. I suspect it was a hot spot the granite ridge I was detecting over.

I think, sometimes, coal ashes and clinkers from burned coal present themselves as good targets. I was in an area the other day that had some. They sounded real good and and there was no mistake that they were the target.

I hunted a beach today and surprisingly I did well running dry beach which I usually have a lot of falsing signals using my Deus but the good cleari tones were all coins and I got one piece of silver jewelry.
I never liked using it on saltwater beach but now that I sold my Etrac I decided to give it a go glad I stuck with it I was running 85 sensitively you may want to try manual GB..

it bugs me this signal.. so will be going back to it when the weather warms up as keen to make sure what it was