Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minnesota residents

drummerman

Greetings all.

I am just curious to how many people on this forum are from Minnesota.

I am from the Twin Cities area, been detecting only a couple of years. I own a BH Time Ranger. Haven't found anything of real value yet, but I have only been out hunting maybe 6 times since I bought my detector. I would love to get out more, but sometimes I just don't know where in the Twin Cities I can go. State parks forbid MT's, I have asked a few property owners if I could search there property, even promising to cover my digs to best of my ability, but have been turned down. I even had one person tell me that if I find anything of value, I have to give it to him. I wouldn't even mind doing that if he would split 50/50 with me, but he refused to do that even

I have been keeping track of areas that may be fun to search on my GPS as I drive by or see old buildings being torn down somewhere, but haven't got to those sites yet.
Any suggestions to where some good sites may be in Minnesota? Anybody have some GPS coordinates to share?

Thanks

Drummerman

Check your city(or suburbs) ordinances and search city parks if it is allowed. Do research and find the oldest parts of your city and start hunting where you are allowed. Check your local listings of foreclosures in old areas of your town. It is easy to get permission(if you show the slightest interest of buying) to search those sites from sale-starved realtors acting as representives for the national bank. These are a few options, but there are many more. Jimmy

I live in Moorhead MN and I check the parks and other areas. I just got an old Landstar and are still firguring out how to use it.
Went to a park this morning and found two quarters. I have some old homesteads to check out when I get the time. But try to
get out by Fort Snelling is there open territory over that way? It would be interesting to search.

Both my wife and I grew up in Moorhead and while we have not lived in Mn for many years, we do return two to three times a year. When we do, I seek out old county fairgrounds, small town city parks, old schoolyards, old homesteads, (with permission) to mention a few places for detecting. HH jim tn