Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Minus numbers and iffy signals - video clip 1

james1969

I did this video for Minelabowners.com,thought I'd share it here,people wanted to see me digging iffy signals where minus numbers jump to positive numbers,I have 5 more clips to upload tommorow,my settings were sensitivity 28-30,2 tones,tracking on untill I got a signal then tracking off.
The sound quality is poor due to wind noise on the microphone but you can see the meter numbers ok

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v488/shrike5000/?action=view&current=clip4.flv

Let me know if the clip works ok

Very good video. My most questionable targets are those that first give a 30-48 reading, then audibly break up, then pinpoint in the negative numbers. I decide to dig anyway, go down 8 plus inches and find nothing. Sweeping again nulls. I then check it out on all metal and all indications are deep iron. Your target gave a nice audible regardless of the display. No nulling or breaking up of the sound. What this tells me is trust your ears before your eyes! What many Tesoro users live by!
Dave in NJ

I thought that I had read somewhere, that when you get a good signal, to ignore the numbers once in pinpoint mode...Did I read that incorrectly?

[quote coinsh00ter]Very good video. My most questionable targets are those that first give a 30-48 reading, then audibly break up, then pinpoint in the negative numbers. I decide to dig anyway, go down 8 plus inches and find nothing. Sweeping again nulls. I then check it out on all metal and all indications are deep iron. Your target gave a nice audible regardless of the display. No nulling or breaking up of the sound. What this tells me is trust your ears before your eyes! What many Tesoro users live by!
Dave in NJ[/quote] amen...

I had no audio to hear what did the signal sound like.? man if I had to dig targets that read like this I'd never move more then 20 ft. what did you find? I guess the point is to ignore the VDI display right? I just got my 70 on monday and am going through a huge learning curve I'm not used to the VID'S and buttons ETC.... But If I can figeure out a GP3500 I'm sure I can get this right. Grant

Thanks for sharing the video !!
I'm not sure I would have dug that target, but it would have depended on how it read from multiple angles. I do dig more deep iffy targets than shallow ones because of greater possibility of signal contamination. Danny-TX.