Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mis-placed my headphone:rage:

b8itup

I know, I know...what was I thinking. The best thing about wireless is you aren't "wired". the worst thing about wireleess is you aren't wired. I've put them down somewhere in the house and for the life of me can't put my hands on them. Is it possible to "ping" them from my unit? My guess is no, but doesn't hurt to ask. Might be a cool feature for wish list, for idiots like me...any thoughts would be appreciated.

Order a new set and the old ones will show up....:bouncy:

I have been doing a siding job on my house. I have a pair of long nose aviator snips that I really like. Last night I couldn't find them. I looked in my tool bucket twice (where I collect misc. at the end of the day).
I searched the house, searched the outside of the house. Couldn't find them so I put everything in the garage for the evening and figured they would turn up or I would have to buy another pair.
When I went out this morning to start work, I grabbed the tool bucket, right on top were the long nose aviator snips. I tell you they weren't there the night before!!!

Sometimes I think our brains play tricks on us. The very thing we are searching for is "notched" out of our vision and for some reason we do not see them.

Hope you find them, I know how aggravating that can be.

Thinks I displaced or eventually lost during the last 3 month:
underwater antenna wire of my DEUS
Spark SL6-740NW, which is a very good flashlight with an also expensive rechargable battery
today I had to purchase an overpriced package of heat shrink tubing, which I purchased before, but no longer know where I placed it

I think thats it for now - but you are not alone.

Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

Well here is a related question...so today I found out my local dealer has the new wireless headphones. The question is if I buy them, do I have to send them back to the factory to have them programed to my coil and control unit? This might be a good question for Andy.

b8itup said:
Well here is a related question...so today I found out my local dealer has the new wireless headphones. The question is if I buy them, do I have to send them back to the factory to have them programed to my coil and control unit? This might be a good question for Andy.

Just enter the coil serial number into the headphones and your good to go. I only know this because a few nice people helped me with this a few weeks ago.

Dave

Coil serial number not the control box? Is this done from the menu of the phones? How do you like them?

Thats right. The coil serial numbers are unfortunately hidden below the stem, so that you may have to unscrew it to read it completely. Since on one of my coils the serial number starts to fade due to wear and tear, I made an Excel sheet in my finds log just to store the settings of my favorite programs and the serial numbers of the coils.
The pairing for the WS5 headphones works the same way as described for the WS4 in the DEUS manual. (DEUS manual page 30, can be downloaded from http://www.xpmetaldetectorsamericas.com/xp-deus in the support section)
Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

b8itup said:

If concerned, just re-flash your Deus with v3.1 and add the headset when prompted.