Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Miscellaneous GTP 1350 finds, Redux

dahut

I took the 1350 out for a little junk-et in the real world today. I ran quick step over a tot lot, the local practice football field and then drove over to a parking median across from the Jewish temple. The whole run lasted about 90 minutes. I'm an early riser, and was back to the house before 9AM.

I spent most of yesterday putting a transmission in my truck, by m'self. So I wasn't planning to go too far afield, anyway... not just yet (in case I overlooked something during the repair!).
But, I had to get it on the road and test it out. I'm glad to say it works fine and is now all "tweaked-in." I love it when a plan comes together.

Didn't scavenge much in the way of finds. Mostly just the usual clad and a girls bracelet. But, I didn't put much into the going, after all, so I didn't really expect too much in return.

[attachment 202581 IMAG0106.JPG]

What isn't shown is the usual trash - since I accidentally deleted that pic. However, if you've seen one dump pile of junk, you've seen them all.
Pulltabs, scrap metal, various "whatzis," can tops, and even a hypo syringe were out there waiting for me.

I did enjoy the morning, but I'm pretty sure the 1350 will be going to ebay soon. Gotta make room for the AT-Pro.

Dave last month I put a clutch in my Jeep Wrangler my plan came together except my fuel pump wouldn't work because of a missed ground wire reinstalled back.LOL I ran a ground from the fuel pump instead of reaching for wires around the bell housing.Anyway good hunt and one less problem on your check list.HH Ron

Good to see you out, Dahut! Transmission and energy enough to dig crap out of the ground... Nice.

- Muddyshoes

Muddyshoes said:
Good to see you out, Dahut! Transmission and energy enough to dig crap out of the ground... Nice.

- Muddyshoes
I take a lot of naps....

Ron from Michigan said:
Dave last month I put a clutch in my Jeep Wrangler my plan came together except my fuel pump wouldn't work because of a missed ground wire reinstalled back.LOL I ran a ground from the fuel pump instead of reaching for wires around the bell housing.Anyway good hunt and one less problem on your check list.HH Ron
There were a couple of moments where I was going to go buy some special tool - but managed. I did end up finding a bad back up switch, which I couldn't repair. So it is still needing replacement. But that is not a show stopper.