Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mixed Mode Pro on the V3i ?

GroundScanner

Happy New Year everyone. I have a question running the mixed mode pro. When running a coin or anything not iron I thought all tones comes from right ear. And it does make the tone sound but the left ear has a like short vco low zip sound. Is this normal ? Also I tried changing the tones to be higher sound but for some reason can't . Can someone tell me what's the operation of this mode. Can tones be changed in this mode. Thanks for any info. GS

I'm sorry Ground Scanner, but I run the V3 and it doesn't have stereo mixed mode.

Do you have the Advanced Book by Carl Moreland? It has an audio section that will help.

HH
Mike

Hi GroundScanner
The sounds you are hearing in MMP are normal. The left phone in your case is the all metal channel picking up all metal in the ground, it will be a vco sound. If you have vco unchecked in all metal it will sound like a lightsaber depending how you have it set. Sounds in all metal are adjustable. The right phone is your discriminate side and will sound off a tone for all vdi you have accepted in Discrimimnation. These tones also are adjustable to however you like them.

Audio > Tone > VCO Threshold = can change sound of all metal side, left phone
Audio > Stereo Mixed > VCO = checked will sound like vco, unchecked will sound like lightsaber in left phone depending on your setting
Audio > Tone > VDI Tones > Custom > Edit = you can set any tone for any vdi or turn off a tone for any vdi, right phone

I use Expert Menu to do all these settings. Great thing about the V3i is that you can change so many settings to your liking.
In MMP go into Audio > Tone > VDI Tones > Custom > Edit and you will see by scrolling all vdis and tones and they are all adjustable by using the scrolling arrows on the v3i dashboard. Hope this is helpful. Good Luck !!