Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mixed mode

Can someone do a video of the v3i or VX3 while running mixed mode? I've asked a hundred times and can't get anyone to film it so I can understand it better

Where I have only found one

What don't you inderstand about Mixed Mode? I will try to help but won't be making a video.

What the sounds are supposed to be. Why do some items beep and why do some items just hum but no beep.

OK you asked about Mixed - Mode not Stereo Mixed Mode. In mixed mode, the all metal channel will sound for a target until the signal is strong enough to trigger the Discrimination mode then you hear the discrimination tone. If the target is too deep or small you will only hear the all metal tone and never will hear the discrimination tone.

If you want to know what the sounds are, put the detector in all metal mode and find a target. Now you can hear what all metal sounds like. Then put the detector in Discrimination mode and hear what the target sounds like in discriminaton. Last put the detector in MM and now you hear the MM sound for the same target.

MM is the same as for any of the Whites detectors, DFX, MXT, etc as far as what you hear.

But I have heard the hum noise on something 5" in the ground, shouldn't the disc channel pick that up?

If the discrimination sensitivity is high enough to hear it and you don't have it discriminated out. If you had pull tabs disc-ed out the all metal would see it but the disc channel wouldn't.