Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MLs new machine

dewcon4414

With the introduction of the new ML machine...... how many can see the Xcal going away as a wader/beach machine? We asked for a lot of changes to an up graded Xcal, that few of us use for diving. Well this could well be it. There isnt a lot of difference between whats being found with the CTX....which has its issues, and the Xcal out there. If the new machine gives the same depth out there with any performance increase for small gold then we have a machine that would keep more CTXs out of the water and put the Xcal back as a dive machine since this machine is cheaper and wont require mods. THEN we have the big plus for dry sand hunting without bringing another machine or having to choose which we are going to hunt that day........ dry or wet/water. Single freq is something neither the CTX or Xcal can do and the higher freq offers a real interesting option. This machine WONT replace the CTX as a dirt option....... just to many good things about the CTX there. Simple and light everything hinges on performance now. Id also think this would really cut down on MLs warranty repairs to the CTX and Xcal if its as sealed as it appears. Adding the ability to hunt in several freq and multi..... PLUS a TID screen makes this worth looking at to me. Now how long will the battery last..... and what kind of hookup are they using for the headphones....... id guess they will stay with the yellows, but wouldnt it be nice to UPGRADE those at the same time.

Dew

The concept sounds amazing. .. like you say Dew it all comes down to performance... sounds like the dream detector that can do it all.. the only detector ive purchased new in the last 10 years has been the sov gt but if this thing performs half as good as the implied hype surrounding it i will have buy one just to keep up with the competition... i hope they have done thorough quality control and have all the bugs worked out prior to release.. they cant afford to release "a fix it you go"machine with the repair turnaround reputation in its current state. .. if it's a performer they should sell a million of them..

Minelab May actually be trying to take care of their repair problem. I have not seen anything official. But it appears that minelab May have opened a repair facility in Pennsylvania. Jamie at Minelab customer Service did not confirm but said to Email them and they would issue an RMA and tell you where to send the machine.

I do not understand the secrecy as there is no information on their web site. . If I were in their shoes it would be on every forum that has anything to do with Metal detecting.

There reputation was put in the dirt with the Fiasco at Kellyco.

It may well be a very good choice for me here in FL. The FBS/BBS are known for working difficult soil....... but we dont have the mineralization some of you guys do up North. That will increase the depth even closer to these machines. IF..... it performs... or if there is an undistinguishable difference this thing has a lot of potential here considering it can be a single freq for dry sand hunting. No more single freq machines getting the small stuff we just cant hit with our multi freq. During the winter here dry sand hunting can be more productive than in the water.... hoping some of this sand moves. This may not be an Xcal...... but may well be a good substitute especially over the CTX. It may loose to the Xcal in PP for depth..... but some dont pick up anything falling thru their scoop.... others cover a lot of beach fast.... some grid. So what im saying there are always trade offs to consider.

Hype..... this isnt new for ML. They have done this on every machine just to get people talking. Im hoping they have a better mouse trap.... because the cost of a mod Xcal can run about $1700.