Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MMK and Anfibio coils interchangable?

Scottowl

I have a few questions, actually.

I am using a Racer 2 and a MultiKruzer. Of the two, I prefer the MMK, mostly because of more advanced features, and the fact it is waterproof. The majority of my hunting is in the park and private yard settings.

My biggest question is about the waterproof headphones being 'quiet'. I don't have a pair yet, but had planned on some before spring. I have no experience in wading, but want to try out the freshwater beaches near me.

Is there another brand that may be worth looking into? Do most users just rely on the vibrate response, or use an adaptor to use their wired headphones?

Finally, although I'm not in the market, the Anfibio looks to be an advancement over the MMK. If there was a continuous multi freq Anfibio, I would be compelled to try. I already have a concentric coil for the MMK, and wondered if coils and headphones or adaptors would be interchangeable between the two detectors?

If I were to consider an Anfibio one of my two present detectors would have to go. I would lean toward selling/trading the Racer 2. Interchangeable accessories between MMK and Anfibio would make that decision easier.

That external battery holder was the first accessory I got for the MMK.

So, what about those headphones? Are they worth getting?

Kellyco had waterproof wired headphones made for the Anfibio/Kruzer. Volume is louder than the Nokta headphones when used on the Kruzer as some have mentioned in the past. The Anfibio has a louder max. volume than the MMK when using wired headphones. So buying the Nokta/Makro waterproof wired headphones for the Anfibio will have a louder volume output so there will not be the need to run the detector past 1/4-1/2 volume if you have some hearing loss. If your just wading and the control box is not submerged, you can still use the wireless headphones, unless you feel there is a chance they will fall off your head.