Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Modded MXT maiden voyage

Daniel A.

Got my MXT back and took it for a spin to see how it would preform 3 hours hitting a spot that I've never hit but from the slits in the grass and trash left behind, someone had hit this spot and they are good at nailing the target with the knife so should know better than leaving garbage.

Here in Canada our clad has iron core a Minelab would simply null on it. Whites does a good job one just needs to compensate for the VDI.

First shot modded MXT done by a fellow in California.
[attachment 151427 MXTMOD001.jpg]

Lucky for us we have those 1.00 & 2.00 dollar coins total today 28.50 plus a silver dollar 1983 so no silver but a great catch anyway not many found.
[attachment 151428 digger004.jpg]

[attachment 151429 digger008.jpg]

[attachment 151430 digger005.jpg]

Had this mod done by a fellow in Califoria, three mods actually.

The first mod is an audio boost when turned on the threshold needs to be turned down it also raises the threshold tone frequency to hear weak targets better.

The second mod is a sensitivity boost which increases sensitivity by 25%.
In high mineralization ground it needs to be turned off, this mod also will overload sooner on large targets.

Third is an adjustable tone control, it raises or lowers the tone frequency on threshold and target tone.

Wow, that is quite a haul. Just out of curiosity how much would you pay for a gallon of milk or a gallon of gas if you went shopping tomorrow? The reason I ask is because I know that the exchange rate varies from Canada to the U.S., but I just wondered what $28.50 Canadian would actually buy? My best day was $10.20 U.S. and I worked about 8 hours digging that much up.

Thanks and take care, Dave

28.50 would be almost 27.00 US that's about 1/2 a tank of gas here I often fill up in Bellingham, WA price there is around 3.00 a gallon.

My best day out was 59.00 dollars and that was a ten hour day, most days 15-20 dollars and a dozen gold rings a year. Dan

Don't you just love those high denomination coins . Congrats on the good haul !
That seems to be quite the mode has it improved the already good MXT to your knowledge.
Mine is still under warranty so will have to wait to possibly get it done.

With that IRON core all you need is one of those high power magnets and drag it around the TOT Lots.
Great Hall. I wish I could have a $28.50 Day.

HH

I can understand a few of the Mods but am I correct in thinking that with sensitivity & threshold mod will it help find those deep coins?

Yes that is correct bula. The nice thing with these mods is they don't interfere with the circuit board and can be turned off when not wanted.
The change in audio tone frequency is real nice, targets that might be left behind catch your attention right away.