Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

moddified my Angus Mackirk alaskan flair with a screen

amcjavelin

well I'm hoping warmer weather will continue up here in Maine some of my spots on the streams have 6" thick ice layers so can't really dig or set up a sluice yet but this is what I've had done recently just hate classifying with a bucket so I put in a 16 gauge 1/4" punch plate had friend with a metal break and a few more tools than I got did the job for me on screen work so anyways anctious to try I do realize I might have to set the screen a little lower but no biggie see what you think?

I think you will have loading issues. The sluice was designed for full water flow. Punch plate cuts down that flow by more than half. If you have problems the first I would try would be to take the forward face off and try again. This would allow water to flow under the screen unrestricted. You just would have to not toss dirt ahead of the box. Looks like nice work.