Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Modified my Tejon

BeyWolf

[attachment 206545 Photo1.jpg]
[attachment 206546 Photo2.jpg]

I'm new to the forum so I hope this isn't old information that everybody already knows.

I prefer to have my headphone cord attached to the tail-end of the handle so it doesn't flop around as much. I have read that some people don't like the headphone socket being located on the back of the Tejon control box but it's the perfect location if you want to route the audio cable up through the handle and out the tail-end. (Photo 2)

You don't have to make a headphone control box like I did. (Photo 1)
Instead, drill a hole in the plastic end-cap and feed the cable through it. A socket that matches your headphone plug can be attached to the cable and left dangling. Hardware stores sell the end-caps and Radio Shack sells the electrical parts.

For me the audio control box was very handy. It has the two common size sockets, a volume control and a switch that connects the two headphone speakers in parallel or in series. A series connection raises the impedance and reduces the battery drain. Works real well with my old low impedance headphones. The headphone socket on your detector always connects the speakers in parallel.

If anybody finds this interesting I will post more details.
There are absolutely no modifications made to the detector itself. I can easily remove this add-on and put the plastic end-cap back in.

"GREAT JOB" Wolf]

Professional job.

I like that very much....all I need now is a Tejon.

Tony.

Thank you for the compliments everyone. I forgot to mention that the series connection also increases the sound volume which is usually not a problem with a Tesoro. This mod really works for me.

I added a tail cord to my Compadre too. I must be clumsy because without this mod the headphone cord always seems to get under my knee or in the hole I'm trying to dig.