Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Modulation on the F75

lsjr

Does anyone know if the sound modulation on the anniversary F75 can be turned off? Trying to find out some things before making a purchase and any help would be appreciated.

I have an F70 and my older brother has had several F75's and at this point in time I've never heard any mention of a "Modulation" on "Modulation" off option. The F75's has the common stuff for discrimination, all-metal, and several processes to choose from. In fact I've never seen or heard of a discussion on the Fisher forum for any of their machines pertaining to a modulation option.

I'm sure my brother will catch your topic later on and chime in.

Mark

All modes have modulated audio. In use I find that the audio modulation still allows for a good response up to the point that the signal is lost. Multi tone modes seem to offer a bit better signal recognition on the deepies/iffy's than the VCO modes but that is probably userdefined due to hearing differences.
JMHO
Tom

The Omega 8500 has a full audio non modulated mode.

Monotone, 1 tone, is something I use a lot and usually split my time between that and all metal which does have more modulation...even 1F, 2F and 2L which adds in some modulation along with all the other tone choices but monotone 99.9% of the time in disc is my thing when not in all metal.
I use 1 tone for several reasons...
It seems to give me an extremely fast response, all tone selections do but being only one medium tone I can sense fast changes easier and especially fast when I set the disc at 1 or 0.
In heavy iron, and I mean not only heavy but insane amounts, the target separation seems otherworldly.
It is affected the least by EMI vs. other tone selections in disc...I use an F70 with no DST.
On F75's with DST I would assume most EMI heavy sites this would not be an issue.

The most important reason it has the least modulation, maybe just a little on the most shallow targets with a tiny more of the zip-zip sound but mostly it is actually just one medium tone on all targets at all depths.
This is the least mentally fatiguing choice for me because using disc that low I get extremely fast changes and a lot of them because I hunt in mineralized soil with lots of trash but also with an unusual amounts of iron pieces from small to large...even using 1F or any others the extreme amount of iron grunts and extra modulation tires me out more.
Using just the audio does not work using this tone choice, you must watch the screen and train your brain to notice the very quick changes if you hunt in sites with lots of targets and I have found fast sweep speeds don't help either as it would in good soil looking for good ID's on deeper targets...slow is the way to go in my neck of the woods.

If you are looking for the least modulation 1 tone is the way to go and once you get used to it and understand it great things can happen in all kinds of sites under many kinds of conditions.

Here's a thread from a few years ago on the same subject - goves a good discussion of the matter, including comments by Dave Johnson who designed it.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?37,1732266

'Google makes you smart"

Hi ISJR,

No, the modulation feature of the F75 audio cannot be turned off. If the audio modulation is a problem it can be solved by headphone selection. Headphones will not remove the modulation but certain models do better than others. I find the Whites ProStars work very well with my F75. Even better than my Koss headphones, and much better than my old Fisher and Whites head phones.

HH
Mike

Jackpine Savage said:
The Omega 8500 has a full audio non modulated mode.
The Omaga 8000 I had had modulated audio, but I prefer modulated myself.

On the matter of headphones to reduce the effects of detectors that have modulated audio would be headphones that have an audio limiter like the Sun-ray Golds, but the detector needs to have a really high volume level and let the limiter clip a good bit of the upper range off the audio, then you don't hear the modulation audio drop until it dips below the limited range. I had a Whites XLT which had the option to turn modulated audio on or off, well I thought the detector was broke or it was a fake setting because there wasn't any difference at all when I changed it. I had the volume at the detector set to MAX and I was using the Sun-Ray Gold with the limiter switch set to ON and so I couldn't hear any modulation roll off.

Mark

Hi Mark,
The 8500 has a tone option d5 which is non-modulated.

HH
Mike