Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mohave vs. Silver Sabre uMAX

berryman

I've got both and haven't seen a whole lot of difference between the two performance wise. I hunt primarily on dry sand beaches and both seem to perform well in that environment. Are there others of you out there who have experience with both? My question is whether to keep both or sell off one or the other. All opinions and suggestions are welcome.

Well Barry, you would be better able to answer that than the rest of us. Seeing you hunt both. What about different coils? I was just wondering about getting a little larger coil for the MoJo for beach work. Never hunted a Silver, but always heard good about them.
If I owned both, and if their as close as you say. I would get a larger coil for one of them, keep the other stock. Two good weapons.
Something I'm thinking about.

I had the Silver Sabre before it conked out and factory never satisfactorily repaired. While it worked it was great. I would prefer the Mojave because it goes lower in discrimination and therefore more workable in iron. The 7" coil is another factor, and of course the g/b switch. IMHO.

According to specs, silver has 120 disc so blocks out small iron at minimum and the Mojave 180 accepts alot more at minimum.
And the ground switch.
But when coin hunting in mild soil, I assume they would perform similarly