Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mojave coil options ???

Has anyone swapped out the 7” coil on the Mojave for a larger coil? If so, what are you’re results.

8” concentric seemed to air test a little deeper
but seemed even with 7” in the dirt.
I used the 12x10dd for a while and dug a few deep
targets with it. 8-10” wheaties and shot gun butts
It covers ground well but feels odd to me on a light Tesoro.
Mostly use the stock 7”, it has plenty of depth for most uses
and seperates well enough. In total iron infested spots I’ve
had great luck with the little 4” concentric. Its sniffed out high
conductors up to 6” in spots I’ve scoured with other coils.
Its also great for working along driveways and sidewalks.
Also use a cleansweep on sports fields. It really covers some ground
and with the sensitivity at 3-4 helps weed out the deep trash mixed
in the fill dirt and helps focus on the shallow recently dropped clad and
jewelry.
Hope it helps. Noah

I've used the 10x12" concentric for shallow water hunting... mine came with the 8' cable, so I detached the Mojave's control box and put it in a pouch strapped to my chest.

The coil seems to go pretty deep. In the dry sand at one of our club hunts, I found a Tonka dump truck about a foot down; the only metal parts on it were the axles. At least half a dozen club members had been hunting the dry sand but either didn't notice that signal or thought it was trash.

-Ken

Two very good posts. While I'm trying find a deeper successor to my MoJo, just get a larger coil. And to kittliz water hunting with the Chest mount, man, I'm looking into that. Did you try it in salt water or just fresh?

I had a conversation with Alan Cannon once and he said most at the factory thought the 8" coil was the best coil for the best ID's at deeper levels.
I love my 7" coil and it is perfect for my hunting sites.
Deals with intense trash, iron and masking issues well, in my mineralized dirt it has surprising depth.
I won't win any deep diving contests but it covers the range I need it to easily, a lot deeper on bigger relics.

Dancer said:
Two very good posts. While I'm trying find a deeper successor to my MoJo, just get a larger coil. And to kittliz water hunting with the Chest mount, man, I'm looking into that. Did you try it in salt water or just fresh?

Just fresh water with the 10x12 so far. However, I have tried the Mojave with the stock coil on wet salt sand, and was surprised by how stable it was in the High mineralization setting. Found a few nice targets with it.

I plan to take the Mojave and 10x12 with me on vacation to Hawaii later this winter. Because of its size, the coil can be chattier than the 7", but in general is pretty stable.

-Ken

The Mojave is a fixed ground balance unit. Actually a fixed ground balance with two set points. As I understand it, whatever coil you switch out will have optimum results by having the detector tuned to the coil.

Been doing some shopping around. Can't find anyone with concentric coils for the Mojave. Who am I missing?

Dancer said:
Been doing some shopping around. Can't find anyone with concentric coils for the Mojave. Who am I missing?
Tesoro epsilon coils work on the mojave, I really don't see much of a tesoro coil selection on the sponsors websites.

chainsmoker said:
Tesoro epsilon coils work on the mojave, I really don't see much of a tesoro coil selection on the sponsors websites.

Tks for checking , Chain. That's all I've come up with too. Might be a little deeper, but should cover more ground anyway.

I prefer concentric coils but like electricfrontporch says you can really cover ground with the 11"x8" or the 12"x10" widescan coils.
I have always wanted to try a 10.5" concentric but I haven't been lucky enough to find one.
I had an 11" solid concentric but it was really heavy so I sold it. The 11" solid coil was a little deeper than the 8" donut on a coin size target but was deep on slightly larger targets. Like all of my other Tesoro sales i regret selling it.

I use the 8" doughnut a lot on my Mojave. Found a 1907 IHP last weekend with it. Seems to have less EMI issues with it. It even beat my Silver Umax in a air depth test by a little bit.