Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mojave gets 2 Barbers - first time out !

pinenut

Had a little break in the rain so I had to get out of the house. First time out for Mojave and it found a '15 wheatie, '15 quarter and '12 dime. All found today during a short 2 hour hunt, where an "inn" once was (shown on old USGS map). Just an empty field now, off an unused stretch of rural road. I need to find more places like this..

The Mojave is a winner; turn on & go easy with good depth and sensitivity. The 7" coil is thin, light and pinpoints perfectly. Great combo!

Can't wait to head back to where I found these..! :bouncy: Expecting more rain though...for the next several days.

It nice to see barber first time out with a new machine, kind of give you confidence in the new detector.

Good Luck and hope to see more nice find posted by you in the coming weeks.

Rick

Thanks, Rick! I think you'll like yours; it's a simple but solid performer.

Better depth than the Compadre, and with just enough adjustability. Able to take the other 5 pin coils, too. Mine seemed surprisingly chatty with GB set to "low"; quite a bit more negative than with other turn on & go Tesoros I've used... I like it!

Outstanding!

When i compared low and high, depth difference wasn't that much different but in tough soil boy did it get quiet using high as it completely eliminated all ground noise.

You're off to a great start, thanks for sharing.
Paul

Nice when the silver comes up all shinny and not tarnished at all. Kinda reminds of old Tabmans silver he always found. Looked like it was fresh out of the protective cover. The wheat and dime are great...

Congrats on the Barbers,

About what was the depth you found those coins at?

Ron in WV

WV62 said:
Congrats on the Barbers,

About what was the depth you found those coins at?

Ron in WV

Ron, the wheat was only about 2" and the two Barbers were at about 3"-4". Not deep. Quarter was in coarse tan sand, dime in gravely mud.
I'd be heading back there today, if I thought it wouldn't be pouring when I got there... Supposed to rain here every day 'cept Thursday.

I'll be going back there when I get a couple days break from the rain. Meanwhile I'll see if I can locate more forgotton places to hunt... :bouncy:

Be sure to clean that one good before you move on.

Ron in WV

You guys are making this very hard to not buy a Mojave.... Lol
Great finds!
Still have yet to find anything that old!!!
Happy hunting!!

Stoof-tabsallday said:
You guys are making this very hard to not buy a Mojave.... Lol
Great finds!
Still have yet to find anything that old!!!
Happy hunting!!

Happy hunting to you too, Stoof!

It really wasn't so much the Mojave, just that I happened to be using it at the time and it also happened to be its first outing. Really just luck that my coil passed over those and I dug 'em. I'd never dug up a Barber anything before and couldn't believe my eyes when the first one came up..! Finding a second one a bit later, blew me away. Last year I'd found a few silver rings, but only half a dozen silver coins the whole year. So far this year, one silver ring, those two Barbers and four wheaties. I'll find more...just need to get out and get lucky. Doesn't help sitting on the couch and watching the rain..

Love those barbers pinenut, great finding those old silvers:detecting: