Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mojave gets some minutes in the game. -

UtahRich

Had an opportunity to get out after the rain this last Saturday. Headed to the yard of an old house that I've been hunting pretty hard this past year. A little 1900's era home that sits along an abandoned railway. Plenty of iron and corroding metal in the yard. It hasn't been a great producer, but more of a test bed for practice as I have time available with the possibility of finding a few old coins.

I've run a number of detectors through the yard to see how they do. Not a lot of good finds left. I spent a couple hours with a new detector I am still learning with a small 5" coil. Wet, rusty iron and other corroding metal makes for lots of falsing and chatter to sort through. I turned down the sensitivity a couple times, upped the discrimination a couple times. Lots to learn there. Plenty of deep, wet, rusty, big nails, bent nails, and decomposing tin cans, lids and bits of metal. Only coin to be found was a zincoln I had missed out front by my truck.

There are a few areas that have given up all of the older coins that I've found to date, so before heading home, I grabbed the Mojave to recheck the coin areas to see if anything might still be there.

Ahhh. I have to say, it is very nice to 'hear the quiet' of the Tesoro's with just the crackles and pops of the discriminated iron and junk. I set the sensitivity high, up past 5 near the beginning of the red swoosh. Discrimination up at FOIL/Nickel border, Ground on LOW and off I went.

Over the next hour, I picked up a few non-ferrous items, a couple cool whatzits likely associated with the railroad, and right at the end, at 5", that nice smooth sound of a good target that turned up to be my only older coin of the day, a 1920 wheatie. I'm rescued. I was going to be going home with nothing but a zincoln. I hate that. Thank you, Mojave.

A lot has been said about the Mojave by others, I will say that it was really good in all the wet, rusty iron and junk. Nice to know the Mojave can bail me out when things get tough.

Rich (Utah)

Love my Mojave too, and nothing wrong with a wheatie.
Though not with my Mojave, I dug four yesterday using another Tesoro. Mojave would have worked just as well there; it's really a good machine.

It's kind of sad when I'm out hunting and I find it hard to grab the Deus or Relic or whatever high end machine u have with me because the first one I grab is the Mojave. It just seems to keep finding stuff.

Welgund said:
It's kind of sad when I'm out hunting and I find it hard to grab the Deus or Relic or whatever high end machine u have with me because the first one I grab is the Mojave. It just seems to keep finding stuff.
That happened to me at the tail end of last year. I'd grab my tesoros first. And I felt bad haha.
Even weirder, I grabbed my compadre 60% of that time.... That to me and in my opinion says alot.