Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mojave

Nomad NJ

Do you think the Mojave will out perform a Vaq with a 5.75 coil.

Put it in the category of the Compadre/Silver Umax, Id say it definitely beat those two.:goodnight:

Put a sniper on a Vaq and it gets pretty sensitive, not 180ED but a little less at about 165 so maybe a little tougher to pick up the smallest stuff but I easily heard a tiny gold ring swinging really fast with mine so pretty good.
But that ring was shallow.
Since the Vaq has more power plus more adjustability in ground balancing I will just guess that the Vaq would still kill it in depth.

In low mineralized tot lot chips using the standard coil and in disc I once picked up a very tiny pocket stud off of a small child's jeans pretty darn close to 12" and it was loud and clear.
I was shocked when I recovered it and saw what it was.

As much fun as the new one seems to be and even with even more reported depth than a Compadre I doubt the Mojave would come close to doing this.
For most smaller targets up to the 6" range and even a little more where the bulk of my deepest targets seem to hang out I bet it would be fine and I would have full confidence in it.
For really deep targets I would still use the Vaq or my F70 and even with snipers I have gotten to 10" plus with both easily.

Might depend on your soil. My ironized soil prefers the Epsilon (5-pin) detectors over the others for stability and since I can't use the increased depth 'HOT' settings it might be close in depth.
Curious whether the preset GB switch will best the full range GB of the Outlaw for coins in my soil. Won't know for sure until tested which for me may be a while.
Looking fwd to user field reports.

I have both and have been testing the Mojave for the last week. My soil here in Colorado is on the upper tier of the mineralization rating, 4 fe bars on the f75. I seal with alkali patches that renders a lot of machines useless. Gravel tot lots here at the school grounds were pretty much a no go with lots of machines including the Vaq with a 5.75 coil. Compadres just made to much racket in these tot lots. With the mineral switch on high the Mojave sailed smoothly through them to the tune of 6.41 in clad and junk jewelry items. The switch reminds me of the Lobo alkali switch. Certain scenarios the Mojave will out hunt the Vaq with the 5.75 concentric. Don't get me wrong I love my Vaq and all my Tesoros. Think of the Mojave as a Compadre how we always wanted it and a lot of people that modified them to be.

Any chance you could make a head to head video of the two? Obviously with the switch the Mojave beats the compadre in mineralized ground but I'd like to see the two together in more normal ground.
Trying to decide if I need it or it has a place in my collection considering the others I own.
Happy hunting and thanks for the report on the newest Tesoro!!

Just got mine!
After super fast testing in the basement I can say the 7" coil is sweet, and like Welgund said the Mojave is the Compadre everyone wanted.
It's a Compadre with a factory sensitivity mod. and some additional depth.. Very sensitive to gold. 2 1/2" on a 0.16 gram nugget.
Not a high conductor power house by any means.
Passes the nail board test with no problem but you need a little slower sweep speed in nails compared to a Bandido uMax.
I have no way of testing the Ground switch yet because I have 2 feet of snow still.
Like a lot of people said its a Silver Compadre.. Unless you just can't afford the exta $90.00 I don't know why anyone would
buy a Compadre.
If they would have put an All Metal switch on the Mojave they could have discontinued both the Silver and Compadre.

Bryan

Welgund said:
I have both and have been testing the Mojave for the last week. My soil here in Colorado is on the upper tier of the mineralization rating, 4 fe bars on the f75. I seal with alkali patches that renders a lot of machines useless. Gravel tot lots here at the school grounds were pretty much a no go with lots of machines including the Vaq with a 5.75 coil. Compadres just made to much racket in these tot lots. With the mineral switch on high the Mojave sailed smoothly through them to the tune of 6.41 in clad and junk jewelry items. The switch reminds me of the Lobo alkali switch. Certain scenarios the Mojave will out hunt the Vaq with the 5.75 concentric. Don't get me wrong I love my Vaq and all my Tesoros. Think of the Mojave as a Compadre how we always wanted it and a lot of people that modified them to be.

Good post! Thays about what I was expecting. Should make a terrific jewelry detector.
Thank you