Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Mojave

Picketwire

Did anyone else see the Mojave sell on the big auction site for $460 plus $28.35 shipping? There were 45 bids! I had no clue it would sell for so much. The last two Vaqueros sold for about $200.

Did anyone else see the Mojave sell on the big auction site for $460 plus $28.35 shipping? There were 45 bids! I had no clue it would sell for so much. The last two Vaqueros sold for about $200.
I didn't see that, but I am not surprised. I have seen so many detectors sell for more that they ought to, and while I like the Mojave and wouldn't mind finding an as-new specimen, I'd never pay that much for one. I've owned both the Mojave and the Vaquero, and personally, I prefer the Mojave. I have my favorite manual GB Tesoro I like more than the Vaquero, and the standard audio tone is too low for me and my hearing. As with any choice it is all a personal-preference thing.

Monte

I've once had a Vaquero and a Mojave. The Vaquero was bad for beeping on deep iron, even at max disc. I found 2 IHP's and a Merc with the Mojave. No old coins with the Vaq.

As Monte said,and I have many times before, it's a personal preference. I'm didn't mean to start a comparison. Tesoro obviously considered the V as a better machine. I've had 2 vaqueros and 2 mohaves.
My Vaquero signaled on a DEEP dime my brothers CZ5 didn't, that's impressive. NO WAY the Mohave could of seen it. I found the Vs to be more quiet as well. The Mohave is simple and less intimidating for most people though and a real good detector.

Man that's crazy kinda price.
I have the Mojave and a new Tejon.
Love em both.
The Mojave though is Awesome in nails an iron.
Some Special mojo in that machine.
I have most every coil for it.
It beats everything I own including many minelabs in iron. Wish I had two more.
I actually worry about breaking it.
I've read it rather impressive to a few miners in Australia on gold nuggets.
Though I doubt it'll beat the 6000.