Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Monday's hunt

digginLa

Got out for 2 1/2 hrs monday at a local park for my second hunt with the X-705. Ended the day with $1.62, 4 quarters, 3 dimes, 2 nickles and 22 pennies. Also several squashed bottle caps that id'd like zincs, a couple of deformed tabs and some other misc junk. Have to say I love the sound the machine makes when it hits a quarter. Settings were program 2 (way to much junk to hunt in 1) noise cancel 2, gb 71 sensitivity 28 and auto ground tracking on. I do believe the digger coil is going to be my next detecting purchase I do believe it would work really well in the area I was hunting.

wow that must be some mild soil ... around here I hardly ever get above the low 30's ... Congrats and you'll love the digger coil and if you get used to running it in all metal you'll find stuff that was hidden by the trash

I found out the hard way, pattern 2 will pretty much reject gold.
I love using the 705 in really trashy areas with AM. Lots of noise but you learn to tune out the junk and listen for the good stuff in between.

What TID are you showing for Quarters? What coil? That's a high GB compared to my 27/32 in my area, Florida.

I may have to give all metal a try sometime,especially if I get the digger coil, for now tho I'm just trying to learn about the machine a bit. Quarters were showing a TID of 42, dimes and copper pennies were 38, zinc pennies and bottle caps were 28-30 and the nickels were 12 and I was using the stock coil. Yeah that gb was a little higher than what I get with my Omega, usually gb is between 56-58 and 61-65. Both detectors are operating in the same frequency so not sure why the Xterra was that much higher.

digginLa said:
Yeah that gb was a little higher than what I get with my Omega, usually gb is between 56-58 and 61-65. Both detectors are operating in the same frequency so not sure why the Xterra was that much higher.
Well, it's in part due to the difference in how First Texas and Minelab configure their machines. On your Omega, the hotter the ground the more compensation is required, and the higher the GB number. On the Xterra, the hotter the ground the lower the number because Minelab uses Phase Angle gradient instead of conventional GB numbers.

Are you using the Auto GB feature on your 705 or are you doing it manually? Auto is by far more accurate than you are, and the Tracking feature is times faster than you are too.

I use the auto ground balance on both machines. Thanks, normally I find a few more dimes than that but seems like it was just a find a bunch of pennies day. :)

Boy I'm jealous. Here in central Indiana we've had nothing but snow and cold. It hit -4 here last night and we still have 6-8 inches of snow on the ground. Brrrrr. Keep posting guys. If I can't dig at least I can read about y'all digging!